PDA

View Full Version : New to this & Looking for advice!

waycon
15-11-13, 10:19
I know this seems very stupid, but I like most people on here Google my symptoms. The other week I had a stiff right leg, it lasted a few days, so I decided to take to the net. We first thing I came across is Motor Neurone Disease, I looked up the symptoms and have convinced myself I have the disease. I am a 32 yr old male and I know the odds are ridiculously high of ever getting a disease like that. But my anxiety has now got out of control, I am now getting muscle twitches and cramping, and this has gone on for 2 weeks. I don't sleep at night and am in constant panic. I know in my heart of hearts that it's probably all in my head, but I cant help myself. I haven't been to see the doctor, because I had an episode like this a few years back when I convinced myself I had MS and felt very silly when the tests came back clear, so I don't want to be wasting the doctors time. Can anyone offer some advice to me? Just want to feel like the old me and stop worrying. Wish the muscle twitches would go away and perhaps I would calm down!

HoneyLove
15-11-13, 10:49
Sorry to hear you've been feeling bad waycon, and that you've ended up here out of distress.

Maybe it's time to go and chat to your doctor about your anxiety problems and see if you can get yourself some help in the form of CBT or therapy? CBT is particularly good for this kind of problem, it will help you to challenge the irrational thoughts and learn to believe the rational ones.

Introducing some stress reduction techniques and exercise into your daily life will also help, it will help you to relax and reduce the stress and muscle twitches that you've been getting.

Not sleeping and high levels of stress will cause lots of weird symptoms like the twitches - you need to begin to relax and they will probaby ease off. It's your reaction to them that is making you feel much worse.