PDA

View Full Version : Should I let this worry me more.

Dex
15-11-13, 13:36
Hi, I posted on here a few weeks ago about sore armpit. Didnt get any better after 4 weeks and developed shoulder and back pain to go with it. Eventually I plucked up the courage to see my Dr on Tuesday. He had a good poke around my sore armpit, chest and moved my arm up and down a few times. He said other than a grating shoulder, there was nothing sinister going on in his opinion and that is was all muscular. I was happy with that and left with hydro cortisone cream for sore armpit skin.

Fast forward to today and someone I work with reckons I should get a second opinion, that my symptoms sound something "rather more sinister than simply muscular" and went on to tell me some horrific stories !! Well now im back to square one with worry and anxiety.
:weep:

Should I listen or just trust in the Dr that has actually seen me with my shirt off?

Thanks for reading.

Andria24
15-11-13, 14:05
Dex - doctors can and do misdiagnose (it happened to me) but they're usually right. I would rather trust my doctors opinion than that of a non-professional with a wild imagination. I'd also be careful what I told a work colleague that finds it easy to unsettle another with tales of doom and gloom.

Hope you're feeling better ... and stop worrying :)

Earthmum
15-11-13, 14:18
Dex hope your feeling a little better, I would trust the doctor on this one he has checked you and he's pretty certain it's nothing more so
Please don't worry! As for your friend,in the future don't even bother telling them about your health worries because they certainly are not going to be reassuring you!
Keep well!

Dex
15-11-13, 14:25
Thank you both for replying, I just needed someone nice to try and reassure me. I only mentioned my shoulder/armpit in passing to him because I didnt want it knocking. Now he constantly asks me about it. He has turned out to be a bit of a walking bresthing Dr Google which I can't cope with at work. But thank you both for replying, I do appreciate it. X

Earthmum
15-11-13, 14:30
Dex your very welcome! if he carries on asking about your health problems always say you feel great even if you don't it will shut the real life Dr Google up and you might just be tricking your mind into thinking your all good which isn't a bad thing! :winks: