PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

MyThreeSons2007
15-11-13, 14:27
I have suffered from health anxiety for as long as I can remember, even as as child. I remember thinking my throat would close over when I had a bad cold once and I was about 10 years old. I am 44 now and have three sons, so I have health anxiety times 4 now! Every cold or ailment is cancer in my stupid head. Kids get sick all the time, but I instantly assume the worst with mine. I am pretty good at hiding it from them though, thank God.

I hope to find some peace here...misery loves company I guess.

Thanks for having me.

ARandomSparkle
15-11-13, 14:57
Hi,

I'm new here too - finally found somewhere where I can speak to likeminded people! I am also suffering from anxiety, coupled with depression. Its horrible. Like you, everytime I have a small medical issue, I immediately assume the worst. Hope it helps to know others feel the same.

Are you currently taking any medication or having any therapy? Or have you in the past?

Peace and love to you and your family :blush:

mike7777
15-11-13, 15:00
:welcome: This site is great..i too am new here just joined afew days ago..but have already found wonderful info..and met some very nice people..No one here will ever judge you..Good luck to you ..:)

Mark13
17-11-13, 21:57
Hello and :welcome:to the forum.

Annie0904
17-11-13, 22:23
Hi :welcome:

claven
18-11-13, 10:44
Hi all I am also new here. Have looked at a few forums and thought this one looked good.
Chris