PDA

View Full Version : Blood in phlegm

MyThreeSons2007
15-11-13, 14:34
Here we go again....

Every cold is cancer, every pain is a tumor...so fed up with my nonsense.

But in the moment of fear, I can't fight it. And right now, I am in that moment of fear. I can't concentrate on anything else.

My family and I have had colds with bad coughs for almost a month now...my littlest and I have been sick for a month tomorrow, my husband and middle son for about 2 weeks and my oldest for about 1 week. We have had varying symptoms, but the cough is affecting us all, some worse than others.

Yesterday, I seemed to take a turn for the worse and my nose was all stuffed up. I have terrible post-nasal drip and a hacking cough (cough used to be really wet and yucky but for the most part now, is dry with some mucous here and there). This morning, I coughed up some yellow/beige phlegm with a tiny spot of orange. Of course, now I am fixated and have coughed up a tiny, tiny streak of blood, which I analyzed and have been panicking about.

I am a smoker (stupid cow) and am convinced I am dying now. I don't have a bloody nose or any blood at all when I blow my nose. The sensible side of me says, "You have been coughing for a month now, you've probably irritated your throat and that's where the TINY bit of blood is from!" But, the stupid health anxiety side says, "Plan your funeral, it's lung cancer."

I have no trouble breathing and no pain, except on the sides of my throat/neck that feels like muscle ache (from all the coughing maybe?)

Someone talk me off the ledge. Tell me I'm being ridiculous, will you? :blush:

Thanks in advance.

Fishmanpa
15-11-13, 14:55
Here we go again....

Every cold is cancer, every pain is a tumor...so fed up with my nonsense.

But in the moment of fear, I can't fight it. And right now, I am in that moment of fear. I can't concentrate on anything else.

My family and I have had colds with bad coughs for almost a month now...my littlest and I have been sick for a month tomorrow, my husband and middle son for about 2 weeks and my oldest for about 1 week. We have had varying symptoms, but the cough is affecting us all, some worse than others.

Yesterday, I seemed to take a turn for the worse and my nose was all stuffed up. I have terrible post-nasal drip and a hacking cough (cough used to be really wet and yucky but for the most part now, is dry with some mucous here and there). This morning, I coughed up some yellow/beige phlegm with a tiny spot of orange. Of course, now I am fixated and have coughed up a tiny, tiny streak of blood, which I analyzed and have been panicking about.

I am a smoker (stupid cow) and am convinced I am dying now. I don't have a bloody nose or any blood at all when I blow my nose. The sensible side of me says, "You have been coughing for a month now, you've probably irritated your throat and that's where the TINY bit of blood is from!" But, the stupid health anxiety side says, "Plan your funeral, it's lung cancer."

I have no trouble breathing and no pain, except on the sides of my throat/neck that feels like muscle ache (from all the coughing maybe?)

Someone talk me off the ledge. Tell me I'm being ridiculous, will you? :blush:

Thanks in advance.

If I'm not mistaken, you just told yourself ;)

Feel Better!

anxietyoverload
15-11-13, 14:58
Hi, with having a cough for so long you will have aggravated your throat. Totally normal, go see your GP and see if he can give you anything to get rid of your cold :) xx

MyThreeSons2007
15-11-13, 15:12
Thank you. I will visit the doctor next week if I don't get better. I am slowly getting better, but not quick enough for my liking! I appreciate your reply very much.

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

If I'm not mistaken, you just told yourself ;)

Feel Better!

LOL! I guess you are right. Sometimes, just typing it out makes things better. Thanks for your response!

sarahxxx
13-11-14, 17:49
fishmanpa can you tell me how long you were coughing up blood plz and if its gome i had a bad cough still got it slightly have been coughing pink then red blood every morning for a weel so ill with worry and hope you feel better not its a real bad worry

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

sorry think mr message was meant for the first post cant get used to useing the site but would be greatful if anyone replys