PDA

View Full Version : Severe vision issues... Anxiety ?

ptiscool
15-11-13, 20:20
Dear all,

I am new to here but have been suffering from anxiety for four years.

I had all the usual symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue, having the runs, feeling lightheaded and racing thoughts.

However I was over prescribed Diazepam 15mg last year, and took it for 9 months altogether including tapering. I have been off it for three months.

Since then I have not had any of my previous anxiety symptoms, but things have got alot worse. I was messaging to see whether anyone else has or had the same problems. It is too overwhelming.

Below is a list of the way I feel, and it's unbearable. My visual problems could still be caused from the Diazepam withdrawal or from my anxiety.

-Visual Problems

*Vision is never crisp clear

*blurry vision

*grainy at night and on bright walls

*floaters

*blinds buzz & move a little

*light afterimage

*Flickering image on TV

Also

*emotionally numb

*I never know what the time is

*can't look forward to anything

*tinnitus

*things seem louder

*Can't think at all

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you

Paul

MRS STRESS ED
15-11-13, 20:36
hi Paul yes I too get some of these symptoms blurred vision ,fuzzy head dizziness and so so tired I know how you feel it can be unbearable ,I just keep myself busy to keep my mind from thinking all the time, I no its really hard im always telling myself its anxiety but my stupid brain tells me different :wacko:

clank
16-11-13, 01:08
Hi I'm 17 years old and I have every single one if those symptoms from floaters to tinnitus to flickering tv screen in my peripheral vision! I have it all and I suffer from extreme health anxiety.

Of course knowing me I went to the ol opticians and failed a visual field test like three times. Well crap that scared me but it's been half a year and I'm still completely fine and living. And with all the strange eye symptoms you have that I can relate too, I can safely say that you're going to be just fine :)

Emphyrio
16-11-13, 03:35
It definitely sounds like diazepam withdrawal symptoms to be honest. I have visual snow which appeared whilst I was taking citalopram (just 5mg) - been off it for over 5 weeks now and its improved, but still there.

The good news is that the visual problems and 'brain fog' etc are transient, and will fade in due course. 3 months is not long being off a benzo - you need to give it time. I don't have experience with benzo withdrawal at all but there are some good sites with well-informed people on them - like benzobuddies.

Aside from that, omega 3, magnesium, b-vitamins and some good old healthy eating/exercise seem to help - though if your central nervous system is sensitive, you may find that you have to start on low amounts and work your way up.

HoneyLove
16-11-13, 06:48
Have you ever had the dizziness checked out? Is it constant or only when you get anxious? Do you get full on vertigo? How long have you had the visual & other symptoms?

Quite a few of your symptoms can be connected to balance problems, your eyes are part of your balance system so it sounds weird but if you're struggling with dizziness and imbalance it's not unusual to have strange eye symptoms along with things like tinnitus and sound sensitivity.

It might be worth thinking about talking to your doctor or finding a vestibular rehabilitation therapist in your area to take a look at your balance system to see if you have an issue or if it's really all down to anxiety.

Rennie1989
16-11-13, 11:08
You might want to get your eyes checked at the opticians. Although visual disturbances are common in withdrawals it's always best to make sure you don't need glasses or anything.

Ronno
16-11-13, 16:00
Hi Paul, look I've suffered with anxiety since the mid 80s I can put up with most symptoms but the vision still freaks me out although the symptoms (every one you listed ) never have harmed me . I don't think its withdrawal because I've never taken medication . It's the same old story , the more you fear the more those symptoms appear . Take care