PDA

View Full Version : Just need to talk to someone

bashley
16-11-13, 09:31
Hello i know i post on here a lot and i know people must get fed up with me but i don't have anyone who understands how i feel. I am so fed up of feeling so ill i don't know what to do anymore. I have a wonderful hubby and two wonderful children and i know i should feel so happy but these symptoms are getting me down. I am due to have a hysterectomy in December so yes i am petrified of that and i know i have to have it as i have fibroids. I was due to have it in May but as i got in such a state my bp and pulse went so high they cancelled it. I had to see a cardiologist and have tests so that he could say everything was ok to go agead with the operation. So i had ecg, echo and portable heart monitor for 3 days and 48 hr bp monitor he said it was fine to have the opetation. I explained to him that i get ectopics/palps and he said so do lots of people. The thing is i have been having palps/ectopics since 2006 i have awful health anxiety and have suffered with depression. I wake up literally shaking and in tears. My ribs and chest hurt so much i struggle to sleep i am having the ectopics pretty much constantly. When i get the ectopics i get a hot feeling too. I am so scared i hate being like this. My husband does not know but i go out everyday and buy random things as i just need to be out its like an obsession. My doctors are fed up with me and just keep saying get the operation out of the way and you will be ok. But thats not helping me. I feel so alone thats why i am always posting on here as i feel that you are the only people i can talk to who understands. I seem to have another symptom every day i get chest pains, rib pains acid indegestion, shooting pains in my head, palpatations/ectopic beats . Is this really anxiety i just can't see that it is as i feel so ill. :(

Andria24
16-11-13, 09:44
You have anxiety disorder. That's what you need to tackle. Make an appointment with your doctor and address it. And sit down with your husband and talk to him. You're a partnership, you are meant to support each other.

Please try and deal with your illness :hugs:

HoneyLove
16-11-13, 09:47
Bashley it sounds like you're going through a lot at the moment, I'm sorry to see how much you're hurting. Take a moment to breathe, you have a lot on your plate but you're ok in this moment.

Have you been getting any help with your anxiety? It sounds like if you could relax a little that you'd be in much better shape to face your operation.

I also get ectopic beats, palpitations and racing heart sometimes - it's all down to acid indigestion or often stress if I am going through a tough time. Since your heart has been all checked out you can let go of those particular worries - look at them as a nuisance but nothing dangerous.

bashley
16-11-13, 10:04
Thank you so much for replying to me, the doctors either say just get on with it or prescribe anti depressents neither has helped. I think I struggle more as I have no friends so I just sit indoors after the school run on my own or go off to the shops. I really want to do some form of exercise but I am too scared too incase it makes the palps worse

skippy66
16-11-13, 10:10
Bashley your situation sounds scarily similar to mine a few years ago. The good news is that you can and will beat this.

HoneyLove
16-11-13, 10:13
Thank you so much for replying to me, the doctors either say just get on with it or prescribe anti depressents neither has helped. I think I struggle more as I have no friends so I just sit indoors after the school run on my own or go off to the shops. I really want to do some form of exercise but I am too scared too incase it makes the palps worse

Bashley you need to do actually do something to help with the anxiety, it won't go away on it's own.

Have you considered CBT or counselling? Do you practice any relaxation or stress relief techniques?

If you want to exercise a yoga class would be good to start with - its gentle on your system so won't get your heart rate up, but it will help you focus, breathe, relax and relieve some of the stress.