PDA

View Full Version : I know im suppose to be past this but I had to ask

looking4answers
07-11-06, 09:55
I am very confused about what I have found recently ..As a lot of you already know ..im sure..that I have been posting on here with many things ..some about ptsd,some health anxiety and some just comments about the way I feel.I was at the doctors office about a month and half ago hearing my pulse in my ears...Ok when I say that its like having a stethoscope on..I can hear everything.I knew that I had an extra sound before I went to the doctor..I mean an extra sound in my heart.. I have found everywhere i look that an extra sound between the lub-dub is what a heart murmur is.. Ok I get that.. But my extra sound falls behind the fifth lub-dub like this lub-dub a dub...always around the fifth beat..I didn't know at the time that this isn't what she was referring to..If it isn't I don't have a clue to the other sound..My understanding was that the murmur was what I had been hearing in my ears when I heard my heartbeat..Now im confused..Ok I go to the ent the other day and he says..I can hear what you hear and its turbulent blood flow..Ok I know what this means..but what is the difference between turbulent blood flow ,murmur and hearing a a dub after the fifth lub dub? Also I have a major question that has been bugging me since it has to do with health.I was in the ent's office the other day and i was being tested and I felt as though I couldn't breathe and my heart was beating slowly but hard..not fast..That night i felt as though my ribcage was being crushed..I suppose from the stress..At my gp's office and my ent's office my blood pressure spiked but they didn't seem concerned and said it would go back down to normal when I left..I have taken it recently and its moderately descent..so I haven't worried.Neither doctor seemed concerened about anything having to do with the heart,arteries are blockages but they did seem concerned ptsd..They both gave me all clear with heart..My question and a big one here is about the murmur and the fifth beat and also is it normal when you get only five hours sleep to feel so tired..like you are tired enough to die..and your heart is beating hard but not fast and its a little hard to breathe? If anyone could put my mind at rest I would appreciate it..I know that I should have slowed my post down here ,but I am fighting with depression everyday which that I am winning somewhat ..But the anxiety still persist..But the breathing and being so tired is a very new thing to me..Do you think that hearing the extra sound was what they were talking about as murmur or it was something else they heard and didn't hear the fifth sound? The ent said my heart was working harder to produce oxygen because of the altitude,but didn't say that was a bad thing..So what does everyone think ..Please imput.. I thank you

Paddington
07-11-06, 10:08
chronic tiredness is a classic symptom of anxiety as is lack of sleep!Soyou are in good company there!As for your heart ,you have been checked and YOU AREOK!Thsis your health anxiety speaking to you hun!A mirmur is not dangerous ,if it was they would trat it[people in my family have them!]this beat you hear is the same one the dr heard,and as he /she said it is a bit of turbulence,we all get it hun,nasty i know,try to stop listening to it if you can.Listen to some relaxation cd's or music to stop you hearing it ,mthat is what i do!Take care love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore