PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains and racing heart

Pet59
16-11-13, 15:01
Hi all, I took a sharp pain in my chest this morning, lasting maybe 1 second each time. It happened four times in the space of about 20mins so much so that when I stayed still it was fine but then I was afraid to move incase it came back. It didn't come back. Out I headed for lunch with a friend and my heart has been racing nearly all day. I checked and my BP was normal and my heart rate was 101. For me this is pretty normal. Now I just feel tired, lethargic and feel like a cold coming on. Anyone else get these pains or racing heart?
Oh and of course I googled it all and got a load of medical problems. :weep:

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Anyone?

ankietyjoe
16-11-13, 16:52
Very, very, very, very common.

I spent about 8 months like this, every day.

Pet59
16-11-13, 17:19
Thanks for replying ankietyjoe! It's a real pain, pardon the pun. I hate it. It scares me so much. Im an expat living in the Middle East and my husband was killed at the end of May in a road accident. All these aches pains and health anxiety issues have started since then.

ankietyjoe
16-11-13, 20:00
Well that's an awful experience to go through, I'm so sorry :sad:

I think it's very likely that it'll be the reason for your pains and symptoms.

Rod
17-11-13, 06:51
Yes they come for what seems like no reason. Sharp stabbing pains where your Heart is, it sends a shudder down your spine. Your chest tightens. You feel your self starting to perspire. It gets hard to breath and then your chest starts aching. Then you sit around waiting for something to happen to scared to move.
Even when you are feeling on top of your Anxiety this can set you right back and can last for a few days or longer.