PDA

View Full Version : bach remedies

grace
13-07-04, 15:52
hi everyone,

i dont know if you all know about this already but i just wanted to tell you about the bach flower remedies web page.

i found it sunday at www.bachessences.com
it has a remedy selector section where you fill in the short questionare of your symptoms and it tells you which remedies are best for you.

i did this and went and bought the remedies it suggested and made up the mixture. two drops of each essence into a dropper bottle of mineral water.

since my husband told me we were going to turkey on the plane instead of driving i have had butterflies in my chest and been constantly running to the loo.
although i am still not happy about getting on a plane, these two symptoms are much better and i do feel a bit calmer about it.

xxx grace

its better by far at the rainbows end
to find not gold but the love of a friend.

EMMA
13-07-04, 16:53
Hi Grace,

I've been using the rescue remedy which has helped my with the side effects of starting my tablets.

Went to meet my friend for lunch today, felt a little anxious but not as bad as usual, had four drops on the tongue of rescue remedy and I felt calmer. I might have a look at that website because I'm willing to give anything a go at the minute.

Have you tried aromatherapy oils? I'm well into those now. I have them burning and the house smells lovely and calming. Even my fiance likes the smell of them....and the dog!!

You can put certain oils onto a handkerchief so you could perhaps take that on the plane with you to have a sniff of. I'm going to give it a try when we go away.

Take care

Emma xx

grace
13-07-04, 18:34
hi emma,

i think rescue remedy is great, i carry it with me everywhere i go but cos i was freaking out over going on the plane i wanted something a bit more taylor made as it were.
i cant take normal meds cos i panic over the side effects they may have.
when i made up the mixture of remedies i took the first dose and straight after started feeling anxious cos i thought i may not have cleaned the dropper bottle out properly, i had to tip out the remedy and clean the bottle and the dropper (again) to make sure there was nothing nasty in it and make up the mixture again. even while i was doing it i was laughing at myself cos i'm a crank but i still had to do it :)

i use essential oils aswell, i carry lavender with me and sniff it if i feel anxious. its also good to put a few drops in the bath if your stressed or for a headache.

xxx grace

pips
13-07-04, 20:42
Hi Grace,

Just looked at the site and registered. Its a good interesting site.

Thanks for that Grace

Hope you are well

Love Pip's X

jo-jo
13-07-04, 21:10
Hi there Grace

Thanks for the website, will give it a go myself. I too am prepared to give anything a go and the more natural it is the better. Although I'm on meds at the moment I don't want to stay on them forever so its good to have lots of info about other things I can try.

When is your holiday? Trust me on this, the flight is the worst bit and even then its not as bad as you build it up to be. With an armful of rescue remedy, bespoke Bach flower remedy and lavendar oil I'm sure you'll do just fine and the break will do you good.

Take care Grace, love to hear how you're getting on :D.

Lots of love Jo xxx

nomorepanic
13-07-04, 21:35
Hi Grace

Thanks for the info. I already had a link to this age on my website "Natural Remedies" page (www.nomorepanic.co.uk/remedies.htm) with a description of ...

If you go to the following site, you can enter details of where you live and you will get a list of retailers selling Bach Flowers: http://www.bachessences.com

I have now updated it to mention the remedy selection on the site too.

It now says .....

If you go to the following site, you can enter details of where you live and you will get a list of retailers selling Bach Flowers: http://www.bachessences.com. The site also has a remedy selector section where you fill in the short questionnaire about your symptoms and it suggests which remedies are best for you.

I will be uploading it soon.

Thanks for the info.

Nicola

grace
14-07-04, 00:03
hi everyone,

i'm going on 25th this month, i'm really looking foreward to going i have family and friends there, just if i could get there without traveling.....

hope you are all doing well

xxx grace

lainey
14-07-04, 09:23
Hi Grace

thanks for the info, I hope the remedies help with your flight. Wouldn't it be nice if we could push a button and be anywhere we would like to be in the world !! I had to fly on my own twice last year and although I was dreading it I felt so good when I had achieved it. Try and think of the lovely time you will have when you get there and the sunshineas we have very little of it here at the moment !!!

Take care

Elaine xxx

grace
14-07-04, 11:05
hi lainey,

yes it would be great, if only....

how brave are you flying alone......

i have done it before but i dont think i could do it now.

i think its the anticipation more than anything, but i do feel a bit more relaxed about it now. dont know if its the bach or if i'm just getting used to the idea.
i've been watching airport on the tv, i dont know if that helps or not but i think maybe it does a bit to familiarise myself with airports etc
if everything i do helps even a little bit then i should be ok :)
i am trying to keep thinking about the beach and my friends there etc.
there is an internet cafe near to our villa so i will let you all know when i get there if it was ok or not.

xxx grace

lainey
14-07-04, 16:26
Hi Grace

Hope u are ok and if all the things u are doing help a little then it should make things a little easier. I went for my initial session with a counsellor at my GPs today and she recommended this tape to me:-
COMPLETE RELAXATION by Mr Glenn Harold, I am going to order it online now and she told me to use it everyday and treat it like a prescription drug !!!

It's worth a try whatever..........

The site address is www.hypnosisaudio.com if u are interested, Iam quite sceptical about hypnosis but she tells me it is the best relaxation tape around.

Don't know if this is of any use to youor not.

Take care chuck

Elaine xxx

jo-jo
15-07-04, 19:47
Hiya Grace

Hope you're holiday plans are going ok and that you're chilling a little more regarding the flight. As a very scared recent flyer, trust me, you'll do just fine.

You are doing great trying to think of how good it will be when you get there - also try to remember that although the flight is daunting, it really is going to be over in a relatively short period of time. Just a couple of hours and it'll be over.

I have the Glenn Harold CD and it really is very good - I picked mine up from my local Waterstones bookstore - Elaine you'll love it, its a good buy. I have also found a CD by Uncommon Knowledge really useful. Its called the panic prevention program and track 1 contains loads of useful tips on how to deal with panic attacks with track 2 being a hypnotic relaxation. This one is quite nice if you're a bit scared of self hypnosis (as I was at 1st) as it only uses a nice gentle male voice with no music or mystical sound effects and it doesn't feel like hypnotism at all. The Glenn Harold one has more music to it and is more traditionally how I would expect a hypnotism track to be, but its really good (once I dared go with it). You can get the panic prevention programe from www.uncommonforum.com - they also have a free info download on dealing with panic.

Just think ... soon you'll be in the lovely sunshine with not a care in the world [^]. My holiday is over and I'm very jealous.

Take care honey
Lots of love Jo xxx

lainey
15-07-04, 23:10
Hi Jo

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm still waiting for my cd as i ordered it online. I think I might get that other one too. Anything is worth a try!!

Hi Grace

Hope u are ok and not worrying too much about your flight, Jo is soooo right think that after a couple of hours you will be in that glorious sunshine that we seem to be lacking here. Wish I was going away, might manage to do Manchester to see the outlaws but not quite the same as Turkey.

Take care chuckies

Ealine xxx

grace
18-07-04, 22:18
hi jo and lainey,

i've been away for a few days in london but still taking my bach and doing affirmations and feeling quite a bit more confident about going.

how are you both doing? i hope you are well.

thanks for the tips on the tapes, i will see if i can get them in town tomorrow cos i wont have enough time to get them online now.

i'll let you know if i manage to get them.

take care

xxx grace