PDA

View Full Version : twitches in lips and everywhere else ..as u do ! please help

pepsi
16-11-13, 18:09
Hi ive had twitches pinging all over the place for weeks under my skin. I can see them in my arms legs even my toes move on their own....today I had the dentist and I couldnt hold my mouth open as the tremor started in my lip then my cheek then under my eye ....it was awful he said he would stop procedure...then tonight I squeezed my lios together and my chin started twitching....ok I forced it but seriously...is this really normal to be like this ? Ive never noticed it but now I cant stop thinking about it as its getting worse. Gking to the dr o monday which terrifys me if he mentiones degenerative diseases as a cause .....its all im tbjnking about all day every day . I wake at night and wonder if I will wake up with it really bad ....

anxietyoverload
16-11-13, 18:16
Oh my gosh!! Im going through the ssae thing! For about 4 weeks!!

Andria24
16-11-13, 18:26
Guys every one gets twitchy. Tiredness, over doing it, diet, etc. There are plenty of reasons as to why muscles twitch. Go to the doctors and have a professional decide whether you're about to expire or whether it's someone simple or even the result of an over active imagination.

And hold the exclamation marks anxietyoverload - it's not helpful when someone starts a symptom-riddled thread and the best you can do is fan the fear by claiming the same symptoms and nothing more but for a half dozen or so !!!!!!

MrAndy
16-11-13, 18:32
ive had muscle twitching all over my body for about a year now,as my anxiety has lowered so has the muscle twitchng.its anothjer one of those anxiety symptoms,i learnt to ignore it :)

pepsi
16-11-13, 18:51
Hi did u go & see a dr ? Im terrified its ms or something simalar... I can see the twitches in my legs and arns ...I wish I could just put it down to anxiety...but I have an indentation in my arm which concerns me alot .

MrAndy
16-11-13, 18:58
hi pepsi no i didnt ,i knew it was my nerves and it slowly wore off
sometimes when i am tired i get eye and facial twitches its normal
you havent got ms

debs71
16-11-13, 19:02
Twitches are a big anxiety symptom. I've had them on and off for years. Sometimes they are quite strong (I get some whopping, single head twitches out of the blue) and sometimes just little ones of the eye or fingers. I also get regular leg twitches, especially when lying in bed.

They are irritating at times, but not a big deal. I find mine are worse when I am either starting or coming off meds, when I'm tired, highly anxious/stressed or had too much caffeine/crap diet.

You may find some relief if you sort out any of those things which are more likely to be the cause rather than MS! x

anxietyoverload
16-11-13, 19:07
Andria24 the exclamation marks were to emphasise how long its been because im also worried. I would never ever try fan someone elses fear.

Sorry pepsi if I upset you x

pepsi
16-11-13, 19:11
(((Thanku for the replies)))) ...I am quite an anxious person but not gittery abd terrified I had this ache in my left arm for weeks one morning I woke up and it was sunken in like a dent it causes me no pain now atall so the doctor didnt proceed with blood tests as he originally planned then....these twitches were full on and not stopped. I find them worse first thing when lay in bed or last thing at night ....odd scalp ones or leg ones during the day...how to be sure its not MS espeu with dent in arm im worried its muscle wasting ....

Andria24
16-11-13, 19:12
I don't think you meant to upset anyone, not at all. I was suggesting caution. And you don't have to use the 24 after my name. I shoved it on because I couldn't register with my name only :)

pepsi
16-11-13, 19:15
You havent upset me ...im glad im not alone with this symtom its reasuring to know im not !! Did u go to the drs for help ?

anxietyoverload
16-11-13, 19:17
I was worrying about degenerative diseases too. Especially but theres a lady on here who has just been diagnosed with MS and here posts are very helpful, take a look :) x

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Sorry just seen your other comment, no I haven't been to the drs im really trying to stop relying on them so much but it's hard x

Col
16-11-13, 19:21
:bighug1: bloody anxiety. Try look at your diet, sleep pattern etc. see if lack of sleep , poor diet are contributing

willous1
29-11-13, 11:19
This thread has helped me as I can see others have had issues. My leg just did a sudden quick twitch but my anxiety and diet have been bad last couple of weeks. Anyone else have slight twitches on legs or arms.