PDA

View Full Version : breaking point

fluff
16-11-13, 20:23
not really sure how to word this, i feel trapped and controlled for the past 13 years by my abuser hes still abusing me mentally. I am only now seeing it wasnt me i am not the crazy one. But now i am crazy i feel very judged all the time i know the truth but what do i do im stuck in a trap i cant sleep im having awful dreams and even flashbacks i think thats what you call them. I know what triggered it yeaterday but how can i be free

kittikat
16-11-13, 23:19
So sorry to hear how you are feeling hun...that must be such an awful ordeal for you to have had that in your mind for so long :hugs:

Have you had ant 'talking therapy' to help you come to terms with this? Perhaps it is something you could explore if you haven't already. You are not crazy and you are only judging yourself here...please don't, you were the innocent victim in all this, it is not your fault at all.

Thinking of you and hoping you can find a positive way forward.

Kitti :) xx

Hopeandlove
16-11-13, 23:21
praying 4 u

Rennie1989
17-11-13, 09:53
I am sorry to hear about the abuse. That is a very long time, but so glad you're away from him.

I am also a victim of domestic abuse and it does leave a very lasting effect on you. He wished me happy birthday on Twitter once and I put me in a full blown panic attack for two hours. I do highly recommend seeing a counsellor or CBT therapist as it would be very beneficial for you to discuss about your situation to somebody without the fear of being judged with advice on how to fight the negative thoughts and to help move on. This awful human being does not deserve to be on your mind anymore.

Annie0904
17-11-13, 11:52
I was also in an abusive relationship for 13 years. I have had Intense Psychotherapy which was a great help to me.

fluff
17-11-13, 19:32
Thankyou kitti for your kind words:hugs: i have had some talking therapy last year it did help me at the time.
Thankyou hope and love for praying for me i do feel abit better today:)
sorry to hear rennie and annie have also suffered the abuse aswell, it seems my prob is i still have to see him which makes it very hard for me. I recently had cbt on nhs. Do you get Intense Psychopherapy on nhs annie?
do you think my doctor will help me with this now know what it all is and realise it isnt my fault?

Annie0904
17-11-13, 19:41
Yes I got the intense Psychotherapy on NHS.