PDA

View Full Version : lumps under tongue

Ande
16-11-13, 21:37
Ok so i have health anxiety, 9 years, going through pretty bad patch, today i have been obsessing over those tiny lumps under the floor of your mouth, you can feel with the tip of your tongue, they are under your gum if you know what i mean, anyone else got em?

Andria24
16-11-13, 21:40
Yep, loads. What are we dying of? I do like to know in advance ...

You're fine Ande, honest :)

Ande
16-11-13, 21:47
I think i kind of remember the one i am feeling always being there but for some reason i can feel something and think, was that always there?? and then i'm off!

debs71
16-11-13, 21:49
Yes, I too have them. They are normal. Nothing bad.

I went to a dental hospital in Central London for a consultation years ago when the lumps on my lips were being investigated. They fully examined my mouth and lips, lifting the tongue, sticking their fingers in my mouth....it was just delightful....not.

At the end of it all, they gave me the all clear (lumps and all). They also told me I have a 'physical anomaly anatomically' in the lower part of mouth, under my tongue.

I said 'Oh ok'. They didn't expand further and weren't worried either.

A mouth has tons of bumps and lumps. It is full of bone and a whole lot of other stuff besides.

Life is frankly far too short to poke around in it and look.

As Andria already said, you are fine x:hugs:

Ande
16-11-13, 21:55
i have been doing the dreaded google rounds and now i am freaked, i can't tell if i have any the other side as the skin is to tight and i can't get my tongue under the gum :(

debs71
16-11-13, 22:01
Ande, you would do far better to just leave your mouth alone, and focus on something else - watch a good film, listen to some music, anything that keeps your brain occupied elsewhere.

Google is never, ever helpful.....ever indeed when it comes to HA. You are subconsciously seeking the worst diagnosis, and you will always find it if you look hard enough.

Your mouth is fine x

Andria24
16-11-13, 22:04
Ande did you not read either mine or Deb's posts? We have under-tongue-on-the-tongue lumps too so ... please tell the pair of us what on Earth we three are afflicted with. We have affairs to set in order, wills to write.

Ande
16-11-13, 22:06
i did actually say under the floor of my mouth, under the gum, but i know what your saying.

Andria24
16-11-13, 22:11
Well wherever they are, we two have also. I haven't been bothered to get up and go look, I just know they're there.

And if you know what I'm saying then good ... here's hoping that you can tackle your anxiety disorder. It's an unpleasant illness and extremely exhaustive.

Hopeandlove
16-11-13, 22:19
do u take med? have ocd?

LE
16-11-13, 22:39
Yes I have them too. One on either side under guns.

The right is slightly bigger.

I asked dentist and she said was just normal. Also I've had quite a bit of detail work done recently and nothin has ever been said other than all normal except cavities.

Fishmanpa
16-11-13, 22:39
I haven't been bothered to get up and go look, I just know they're there.

Need a torch? ;)

Andria24
16-11-13, 22:47
Need a torch? ;)

Oh how nice of you to offer. Is seem to have misplaced mine. I really need to stop mining ...

Ande
17-11-13, 00:38
Yes I have them too. One on either side under guns.

The right is slightly bigger.

I asked dentist and she said was just normal. Also I've had quite a bit of detail work done recently and nothin has ever been said other than all normal except cavities.