PDA

View Full Version : Period late and body being weird again.

GirlAfraid23
17-11-13, 10:13
I've been tracking my periods on an app for around 8 months now.

My average cycle according to this is: 28 days.

I was due on my period yesterday (yes I know it's only one day late) however I had a bit of spotting (pinkish discharge) on Wednesday. Since then I have had nothing. Can anyone enlighten me? It can't be implantation bleeding because the last time I had sex was Sunday (a week today).
So I think that implantation bleeding would be a little early.

I have period pains at the moment but no period :(

AnxietySufferer
17-11-13, 10:15
give it a few days! I was 2 weeks late last month and Im usually really regular so i was panicing about that. Surprisingly google actually reassured me.. in young women a missed period is unlikely to be anything serious :D as long as it hasnt been going on for more than a couple of months anywway! also stress can do wierd things to periods which is probably why mine was late..

nomorepanic
17-11-13, 13:04
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

GirlAfraid23
18-11-13, 18:39
So today I've had a few period pains on and off but still no actual blood.

I feel pretty anxious right now, I know it's only 2 days late but me and my partner used the pull out method (effectively) this month. He definitely pulled out in time (sorry tmi!) so surely I can't be.

nomorepanic
18-11-13, 19:10
The withdrawal method is not a good form of contraception though.

Maybe do a test in a few days if nothing happens

GirlAfraid23
18-11-13, 20:10
Why is it not effective? I thought it was proved that pre cum didn't contain sperm?

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Yes I will do a test in a few days :(

Kells81
18-11-13, 20:40
Hiya

You seem to worry almost every month about being pregnant. Do you use any other method of contraception?

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Here is a good link saying that the withdraw method is not a very effective method of contraception

http://www.ippf.org/our-work/what-we-do/contraception/myths/Withdrawal

GirlAfraid23
18-11-13, 20:46
It's one of my huge health anxiety issues.

No, I was on the pill but it messed with my anxieties big time. I should probably start using something else. Anyone recommend?

Oh dear, that link has worried me :( so I may be pregnant then? :(

Tessar
18-11-13, 20:48
If you get stressed then for certain that can delay or stop your period in its tracks, it happened to me this month as at the time I was due, I had alot if stress to contend with. You do need to relax & then it might happen. If it doesn't, it isn't a problem. Over the years I have had a fairly regular cycle but every year or every few months I'd find it would got a bit haywire. Hormones do the oddest if things.

Kells81
18-11-13, 20:54
Hiya

I'm not saying you are pregnant at all, the only thing that can help you with that is a pregnancy test. I added that link to show you that in future I wouldn't just rely on the withdrawal method-especially as you have such anxiety each month about being pregnant.

If you don't want to take the pill there are condoms, injections, many options-your doctor can talk you through all of them.

katesa
19-11-13, 18:58
Hi girlafraid,

I answered a post about this fear of yours some time ago and explained that our cycle lengths can vary a lot from month to month. What I'm trying to say is that as your period was late then, it is not exactly unusual for you to be "late" now.

You would have to be very unfortunate to get pregnant from the withdrawal method - when it happens it's usually because the male partner got too, er, "excited" and didn't quite withdraw before the party started if you know what I mean. It does happen though so for greater protection you need something else. I personally go nuts on hormonal contraception so I got the copper coil fitted.

GirlAfraid23
20-11-13, 17:39
It was a few days late and I was starting to get concerned. Although however I am worried as it is extremely heavy and very clotty (sorry tmi!) but they are quite big, is this normal?

GirlAfraid23
20-11-13, 18:01
My period has arrived finally but very clotty now :(
Extremely heavy and painful.

nomorepanic
20-11-13, 18:10
Can you post these in the female issues forum please.

I will move this one for you

nomorepanic
20-11-13, 18:10
In fact it would be better to add this to the end of your other posts so I will merge them so people can read the whole story

katesa
20-11-13, 18:14
Sounds normal to me. It is afterall the broken down uterine lining so it comes in all shapes and sizes.

If it is exceptionally out of the norm for you, see your doctor.

GirlAfraid23
20-11-13, 18:27
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm worried about anaemia because I'm losing so much blood, is that a cause for concern? I feel quite weak and tired.

nomorepanic
20-11-13, 18:29
You would have to lose an awful lot of blood for it to be a concern to be honest.

katesa
20-11-13, 18:42
Bear in mind that I'm not qualified chick but I have suffered from very heavy periods for a long time and my iron levels have never been more than a little low - certainly not low enough to be concerned about.

If you have multi-vits to hand, it wouldn't hurt to take one and eat a little something with extra iron in - not because your levels would be badly low (they definitely wouldn't be after 1 day unless you were literally soaking through a pad every hour) but it will help replace the bit you are losing.

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

Also, just to put your mind at rest incase you are worrying about the cause of the extra bleeding -

Warning to anyone reading this - icky grossness follows.

As your period is late, it's likely that your uterine lining got a few extra days worth of growth. So the reason you are bleeding more is because your body had a long "luteal phase" (the second half of your cycle after ovulation, where progesterone keeps your uterine lining plush). Don't sweat it, it's common in people with long cycles (like me). Yours has been slightly longer than your norm so there is more there than usual.

Hope that makes sense - was trying to avoid being too explicit.

Brunette
21-11-13, 08:27
I know this is going to sound harsh but if pregnancy is one of you major fears why are you playing Russian Roulette every month.

FGS get Yourself sorted out with a reliable method of contraception - there are so many to choose from. Apart from anything else you partner will get to "finish" without worrying about his timing. It must be pretty frustrating for him.

BumbleGirl
21-11-13, 17:39
Hello. I think the reason your period is heavier then normal is because its late. If mine is late then its always heavier with clots. Also stress will make your period late. If you don't want a baby then please don't use the withdrawal method! It doesn't work! That's how I'm here! Xx