PDA

View Full Version : New and need support

beadbabe
07-11-06, 11:49
Hi there
I''m new although have been reading this for a long time. I am so upset and disappoiinted at having this illness. I started with panic attacks last December and have been having them ever since, often more than once a day. I am constantly dizzy, feeling sick, and now have the worst symptom yet which is very irregular pounding heartbeat, which I am certain the doctors are not taking seriously because of my anxiety. I have had mri scan because of ms fear due to previous health problems. I have constant anxiety, often waking me at night with panics, I suppose I have general anxiety doubled up with panic attacks. I have had CBT which helped a bit but now I am at a brick wall and not improving. I live constantly terrified despite being on ssri, though reluctant to go on full dose, doing yoga, which is brilliant. I do a relaxation tap most days but I don't know what else to do. I can't bear to live out the rest of my life like this. I just want to get better. Can you recover? I am absolutely terrified about the heart rythmn problem and can't believe it is safe to have that.

manmoor
07-11-06, 12:16
Hi Beadbabe,

A big warm welcome to you. Everone here is lovely and will be a great support to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

ceecee
07-11-06, 12:20
hi ali and welcome to the forum!!!.
take care
rachel x x
i know how you feel,i,m having pretty much the same symptoms and thoughts as you at the mo!!!!!!!
i don,t really have much advice(sorry!!!!!)but hang in there it will soon pass.
remember you are not alone

trac67
07-11-06, 12:23
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Try this link for the first steps to overcoming anxiety:

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

And here are some about pounding hearts :

Feel my heart beating (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3710)
Heart - Updated (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3861)
racing heartbeat (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4789)

Hope these help to reasure you.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

LickeyEndBlues
07-11-06, 12:27
Hi beadbabe

Welcome to NMP, I've been using it for a few weeks now and it is full of help, advice and support.

People are really helpful and chat is a good place to get to know folks.

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

jill
07-11-06, 12:37
Hi beadbabe

WLECOME TO THE SITE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something.
Learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conqers fear.

Paddington
07-11-06, 13:41
hello B.B!I am so sorry you are feeling so anxious at the moment.You are in the right place here hun!Those pounding heart beats are somthing most of us have in common!I have had them an hour ago in the dentists!!You will get better,please dont doubt it!I have improved a thousand fold sincs joining this wonderful site in february!Keep talking to us and you willget suppoert and true understanding of how you are feeling.You are doing all the right things too,the cd's helped me alot!Paul mckenna especially.I know you can feel on the edge of madness with this ruddy anxiety mate,but we are here with you!Love Mary Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

hayles
07-11-06, 13:47
Hi and welcome

Hay x

yorkylover
07-11-06, 15:25
Hi and welcome to the forum.You will get plenty of good advise here,and will make some great friends.;)

Ellen XX

MADISON
07-11-06, 17:21
HELO HUN, PLEASE DONT WORRY AS IVE BEEN GETTING THESE PALPATIONS FOR 9 YEARS. ON AND OFF. IVE HAD E.C G. EVEN WORE A CARDIO THING FOR A WK. THEY FOUND AN EPTOPIC HEART BEAT. EEEK I SAID. NO THEY SAID.ITS NORMAL. WHATEVER I THORT THATS IT FOR ME. BUT HEY IM STILL HEAR. I HAVE 7 KIDS A VERY SRESSFUL LIFE AT TIMES . I GET THEM OUT OF THE BLUE THEN THEY GO. YES IVE PANICKED THEN THEY GET WORSE BUT (NOTHING HAPPENS) BY ALL MEANS GET THEM CHECKED BUT I BET YOU WILL COME BACK WITH THE SAME RESULTS AS MYSELF. CHILL OUT IF YOU CAN HUN !
LOVE MADISON X

M.VERRINDER

honeybee3939
07-11-06, 19:48
Hi Beadbabe

A BIG warm welcome to you! lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way!:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

Debra
08-11-06, 00:21
Hi Beadbabe i know its easier said than done but try not to worry over your heartbeats.this happens to me and most people say about their hearts.Idont worry about that now and its already improved....and you will recover take care:DDebraxx

libbie
08-11-06, 16:10
hiya, anxiety is awful, but you can learn to control it. The more you worry, im afraid the worse it gets, try correcting those negative thoughts with positive ones. if you need any advise feel free to pm me

take care
libbie

nomorepanic
08-11-06, 17:06
Hi Beadbabe

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Granny Primark
08-11-06, 18:36
Hi headbabe,
I know exactly how your feeling. Ive felt like you do for 16 months.
The more were desperate to feel well again the more pressure it puts us under and the worse we feel. Im sure thats the case for most of us.
This site will give you loads of help, advice and support.

Take care
LYNN xx

littleK
09-11-06, 12:47
Hi beadbabe
Thanks for taking time to chat with me last night, hope that you have already stared to find some comfort on this site as there seem to be so many of us stuggling through life in similar ways.
I now know tht I've been suffering from PTSD for 5years but as i was only diagnosed in May i have been through many misdiagnoses and a shed full of different meds to boot! My heart palpatations were the scariest of my symptoms and propanalol didn't help as they did not address the cause. My GP told me that unless my heart rate doubled then i was not in any physical danger so i developed a little coping strategy by taking my pulse and counting the beats per minute. this would reassure my irrational mind that i wasn't having a heart attack and the counting helped to regulate my breathing and so calm my palpitations. just an idea
wishing you well, take care
littleK x