PDA

View Full Version : Blip? 15mg .... Should I go to 20mg?

jenny kilden
17-11-13, 12:10
Hi everyone
I've been back on cit for a few months now, started on 5 then 10 now on 15mg for just over 3 weeks.
1st week of upping to 15 mg was ok, 2nd week was bad! Morning anxiety , dread no appetite etc...., 3rd week was picking up.
For the past 5 days I feel terrible again! Morning anxiety, don't want to do anything, dizzy ..... Feel like sobbing.
Feels like I have a cold but I can't be 100% sure.
Is this a blip? Am I going backwards?
Should I up to 20mg? I was on 20mg last year and got better.
Advice please xx

jenny kilden
18-11-13, 11:36
No advice??? Shall I up to 20 today? Or will this blip end?

MrAndy
18-11-13, 11:51
Jenny the windows and waves of recovery unfortunatley have to be ridden out,upping your drugs wont make an overnight difference and will take a while for you to feel any change.
Try and hold your dosage and look for support during the blip.I felt better going down a dose so go figure,I think most of these drugs are only a crutch and time is the biggest healer
be strong and good luck :)

jenny kilden
18-11-13, 12:19
Thanks Andy , I no it all takes time, but when your going through this you want to feel better yesterday! Lol x
I just upped to 20mg first one today. I went on 15mg to help the side effects of jumping straight from 10-20mg, I've just been putting off taking 20mg cos I'm a big baby!!
Been on 15 mg for 25 days now so I thought it was time.
20 done the job for me last year, fingers crossed xxx

MrAndy
18-11-13, 12:20
Thanks Andy , I no it all takes time, but when your going through this you want to feel better yesterday! Lol x
I just upped to 20mg first one today. I went on 15mg to help the side effects of jumping straight from 10-20mg, I've just been putting off taking 20mg cos I'm a big baby!!
Been on 15 mg for 25 days now so I thought it was time.
20 done the job for me last year, fingers crossed xxx
good luck ,keep yourself occupied and stay strong :hugs:

jenny kilden
18-11-13, 15:48
Thanks Andy xx

Britabb
19-11-13, 20:16
Jenny. 30mg is working great for me now. They say 20mg to 30mg is a good dose to work. Stay positive hun. U know where I am xx

Beagle
19-11-13, 20:29
I've found 20mg works well for me when I am having an anxious period in my life. I dropped down to 10mg over the summer, just to reduce the side effects of going back up to 20mg, which I knew I was likely to need to do again.

jenny kilden
19-11-13, 23:10
Thanks for all your advice, having a rough time of it at the moment x

I really like looking on this page for reasurance x

martin222
19-11-13, 23:35
i think you need to be on at least 20mg, im thinking of upping to 30, good luck, x

jenny kilden
20-11-13, 00:09
Yeah I agree, 20 did the job for me last year. Just being a big baby cos I'm worried about More side effects, oh well no pain no gain!?!?
2nd day on 20 today x

nomorepanic
20-11-13, 00:25
You need to do some self help or CBT alongside any medication as well

Icequeen
20-11-13, 09:01
I am 10 weeks into citalopram, i went frmo 20mg to 30mg and that made a difference to me, 20mg wasnt quite doing enough but it seemed to be scraping the surface so upping to 30mg has done the trick...

I am currently in a massive blip myself though, went to the doctors a week ago when i wasnt in this blip and they have suggested counselling but now im in this blip, im not even able to consider cousnelling ...

but this site does offer huge support and reassurance... we can do this, its just a blip, we'll get through it...! xxxx

jenny kilden
20-11-13, 09:53
I'm on a waiting list for cbt, just waiting on them to call me.
Reading on here helps, just to realise I'm not alone and to get reasurance.
Reading Claire weekes helps too. Blips are horrible.
Day 3 on 20mg.

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

Ice have you been on cit before?

jenny kilden
27-11-13, 21:47
10 days in on the 20mg and I feel pretty ok....?! Which is pleasant , still is a up and down road tho so I'm just trying to take each day as it comes.
Hope everyone is doing ok x

teej
28-11-13, 11:49
Well done. I've been on 20 mg since my first day on cit and I'm 1/2 way through week 4 today. I'm just getting over a massive blip I had last weekend which I put down to messing up my doses last week!

ray52
28-11-13, 17:44
Hi Jenny I have been taking 40mg for 6 weeks now and life is feeling better

jenny kilden
28-11-13, 23:04
Well done teej and ray, keep going.
I'm feeling ok, don't want to "jinx" myself tho lol.
Baby steps.
I'm going New York in a week ....... Excited!

NorthernGeek
29-11-13, 07:54
I have been on 20mg Citalopram from the start too & now coming up to the end of my third week. I experienced the full spectrum of reported side effects over the first two weeks (luckily not all at once), but haven't really noticed any in the third week, so I guess my body must be getting used to it.

Sadly no positive effects at all yet & still feeling very fragile, with the racing negative thoughts being as bad as ever. My sleep patterns seem to be altering though, as I now find it very difficult to stay awake after midnight when previously I rarely slept until almost 3am.

Not sure if I need to be on a higher dose as it is still too early to tell. Since I have been suppressing my problems for such a very long time though, I know that there are no magic quick fix solutions & just want to finally start feeling better.