PDA

View Full Version : Buzzy Feet driving me mad!

Gee
17-11-13, 18:24
Grrr I'm really trying to get over the ms fear but it's so hard, even after the clear MRI which I really thought would end this I'm still having symptoms and constantly worrying about it - I have no idea how to fix me :(
Buzzy feet and weird feeling down my left side is what i have ATM
Any suggestions :( x

HoneyLove
17-11-13, 18:26
Gee it sounds like you've been given a clear bill of health for the MS.

So it must be time for you to start working on your anxiety at this point! It's clear that the constant worrying is not stopping despite getting the tests done. What help have you been getting with your anxiety problem? :hugs:

Gee
17-11-13, 18:34
I'm going to set up my CBT this wk and much as I was so against it because I hate putting things into my body I might ask the doc for some tablets.
I just can't shake the thought the MRI was right at the time in April but has changed now even though I've had symptoms since last August non stop :(

HoneyLove
17-11-13, 18:36
The CBT will really help you, great plan :)

Have you considered any daily relaxation like meditation? Or maybe a yoga class?

Gee
17-11-13, 18:56
I've been interested in the meditation thing, being a huge fan of Russell brand I see him talk about it and how it's helped him but I don't really get what you do! Just sit quietly!?
I am sick that I haven't had a normal day for a year!
I feel I'm just waiting for a diagnosis :(

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Also just booked a 'retreat day' near where I live, not sure what it will b all about but worth a try!

HoneyLove
17-11-13, 18:58
Meditation is like focused relaxation. The easiest way to do it is to just sit, close your eyes and focus on your breath going in and out. Focus on any part of the breath you like: the feeling of the air going through your nostrils, your chest rising and falling, any part of it.

As you do this other thoughts will flow into your head, this is normal. When you realise it's happening just gently focus back on your breath again, don't get frustrated just keep coming back to your breath.

Do this for 5 mins twice a day for a week or so. Then you can build up to 10 mins, 15 mins or however long you like. Studies show that even just 10 mins of meditation a day can have an impact on physical and mental health.

There are lots of videos on YouTube that explain how to do it. There are lots of websites and books that explain different methods. I particularly love a book called Soul Centered by Sarah McClean.

You can also try guided meditation where someone will talk you through a visualisation, there are plenty of free guided meditations on YouTube or countless ones to choose from in CD or digital form.

Start it right now, take 5 mins, close your eyes and just focus on your breath.
:)

Retreat day sounds nice, I hope you enjoy it! Make sure to let me know how it goes!

Have you looked for yoga in your area? It's such a nice thing to do for yourself! I go to a gentle yoga class and adore it, I always feel so good after!

Gee
17-11-13, 19:07
Ha I'm more of a weightlifter I'm giving myself targets like last month I lift 95kg and now I'm going for another target this month but the yoga would be a nice cool down a long with my gymnastics I guess - thanks for all the knowledge - I'll try the meditation tbh I'll try anything to make these feelings go away :(

HoneyLove
17-11-13, 19:10
The point of the yoga for you is to help you focus on your body and breath in a calm relaxed way, it's not really about the exercise. It will work on your parasympathetic nervous system which you really need when suffering with anxiety. It helps to calm you down, think clearly and fully relax.

Fishmanpa
17-11-13, 19:18
The point of the yoga for you is to help you focus on your body and breath in a calm relaxed way

And of course Yoga pants ;)

HoneyLove
17-11-13, 19:25
And of course Yoga pants ;)

Haha true Fishmanpa!

Although, probably more of a benefit for the gentlemen than the ladies!! ;)

cpe1978
17-11-13, 19:55
Now thinking yoga might be an option ;)

HoneyLove
17-11-13, 19:58
Now thinking yoga might be an option ;)

Anything that gets happy hormones flowing cpe! lol