PDA

View Full Version : Stomach/Back Issues Anxiety

boragirl32
17-11-13, 21:30
Hello,

I need some advice. I am someone who suffers from anxiety. However, I think my pain is real and my family keeps telling me I am a hypochondriac. A month ago, I went through a period of nausea and diarrhea.. Sorry TMI. A lot during my period. It eased up for a few days and then I started to feel this pain in my upper left abdomen. It radiates into my back and causes lumbar pain. Sometimes it can be felt on the right as well and occasionally my lower abdomen. I also sometimes have chest pains. The cardiologist ruled out heart disease. The OB ruled out problems with my ovaries. Now it is a burning sensation in my upper ab. The first GI said IBS but I don't think so. The 2nd one said maybe colitis or kidney stone. Kidney stone he ruled out with a ct scan and ultrasound. I am totally freaked. When I google this it says pancreatic cancer but no GI takes me seriously because I am 32 and my last bloodwork was ok. Can anxiety cause these issues?

Fishmanpa
17-11-13, 22:09
Hi Boragirl,

The evidence: Clean blood work, CAT scan and ultrasound clear, and 4 doctors give you the all clear.

So yes, anxiety can and does cause the symptoms you're experiencing (IBS) and it is highly likely the cause of your symptoms especially in light of your disbelief of medical professionals that see hundreds of real people over the result of an algorithmic search engine.

A "burning" sensation in your upper abdomen would be most likely heart "burn" caused by excess acid and reflux. This can be alleviated with OTC antacids or acid reducers. If you've not looked into getting some help with your anxiety illness, then it would be prudent to do so. Anxiety is an illness no different than the ones you fear and there's treatment available. You can beat this just as you can overcome a physical illness :)

Positive thoughts!