PDA

View Full Version : Things that make u anxious

Sar89
17-11-13, 22:26
Ok Iv been posting a lot lately, Im writing another one I guess I'm using this as a sounding board... Thinking about things/ situations that make me anxious or set me off on a downward spiral and I would love to hear other people's... So here's mine... Nightclubs. All the people packed together dancing one person might accidentally bang me on head, someone might spike my drink ! And plus I read a story in paper about a young lad who had an undiagnosed heart condition and the vibrations of the bass sent the rythem of his heart crazy... Bang dead! The news, horrible stuff avoid at all costs. Hearing of people's deaths like when a friend has a family member die most people would think I'm so sorry... My first thought is how did they die!!! Certain people can make me feel uncomfortable through no fault of their own just I don't know them well. Not having my phone either in my hand or within quick snatch distance after all I may collapse an need my phone quickly :-/ plus I need it at all times for my distraction when I'm anxious and of course my beloved google ! Closed doors I can't bear them don't know why guess its a trapped feeling. The dark absolutely cannot tolerate it bad things happen in the dark ( think Iv watched to many horror films) feeling dizzy cannot stand it one of the worst symptoms of anxiety along with palpatations for me I think I fear things I can't control if I look deeply into it and the unknown ... Guess I'm not a brave person ... Anyway anyone else?

theharvestmouse
17-11-13, 23:11
Sitting in a room full of people. Sitting opposite people on the train.

honeyp1e
17-11-13, 23:33
Mine is TIME OF MONTH I hate it I get really anxious/horrible hate everything about it :( I hate being on my own if am anxious or panicky I would rather be with people I don't mind full places as takes my mind off things xx

Rennie1989
18-11-13, 10:21
Things that I'm not sure about (like if I'm working in a different shop with staff I don't know) and things I don't have control over.

MrAndy
18-11-13, 10:37
mine is disturbed sleep and sometimes work !

jayjoe18
18-11-13, 12:15
Being on my own, one to one conversations, being in places where there isn't a loo close by, being trapped eg. travelling, waiting eg. in queue, waiting for appointments etc. Being in other peoples houses... Oh I could go on and on :(

T*
18-11-13, 12:53
Too many to list, but a few are....silence, people coming to house unexpected.phone calls. Staying at other peoples houses. Not being able to check things. Family, people standing behind me, imagination.

jayjoe18
18-11-13, 12:56
people coming to house unexpected.phone calls. Staying at other peoples houses.

I second these... there's just so many, the question should be what doesn't make me anxious :roflmao:

T*
18-11-13, 14:07
Yeah, id find it hard to think of things im not anxious about. Apart from chocolate that is. Never anxious of chocolate.

Sar89
18-11-13, 16:35
Seems like between us all we are scared of general day to day living �� .... An seems like we all hate not feeling in control of things... Maybe that's something we should all look into x

MrAndy
18-11-13, 16:59
im also scared of the women in accounts at work but thats another story :D

Sar89
18-11-13, 22:20
Hahaha! ... I think u should share it MrAndy :-)

MrAndy
19-11-13, 08:42
Hahaha! ... I think u should share it MrAndy :-)
to close an encounter in the stationary cupboard and there was no escape route
:scared15:

martindave64
19-11-13, 12:31
agree with that defo scared of everything at the mo

Rennie1989
19-11-13, 12:46
Sarah - not being in control is one of the biggest reasons why people suffer from anxiety. They also say that the biggest events in peoples lives are made stressful because of lack of control (i.e. if you'll get that remortgage for your new home or travelling to a job interview in the snow and worrying about cancellations). I try to not worry about things I have no control over, because what's the point, but it's something that happens to all of us.

Sar89
19-11-13, 19:54
to close an encounter in the stationary cupboard and there was no escape route
:scared15:

I cannot stop laughing now.... Poor u!

PunkyFish
19-11-13, 20:00
Unexpected problems creeping up in work makes me anxious.

Sar89
19-11-13, 20:00
Sarah - not being in control is one of the biggest reasons why people suffer from anxiety. They also say that the biggest events in peoples lives are made stressful because of lack of control (i.e. if you'll get that remortgage for your new home or travelling to a job interview in the snow and worrying about cancellations). I try to not worry about things I have no control over, because what's the point, but it's something that happens to all of us.

I try not to worry about things I have no control over my dad says to me I have to accept I have no control over them and try an forget my thoughts ... But it's the fact I have no control over them that has me pondering it so much an what really freaks me out ! I can pin point when my panic attacks started ... I used to smoke a lot of weed from a young age (14) then when I was 18 a very close friend got stabbed to death... Few days later smoked some weed bam massive panic attack... Cue heart attack hysteria kept happening whenever I smoked the weed now if I even smell it my chest starts to tighten think my body now has an automatic reaction to it ... The health anxiety developed slowly as at first for a year I was just having panic attacks left right an centre (was usually one some form of drugs though) goodbye recreational drug use and good riddance... I no longer have panic attacks really just carry the heavy weight of anxiety round day after day... To be honest I would take the panic attacks over this day to day anxiety.. At least with a panic attack you have one then they are gone till next time ... With my anxiety it's constantly there x

MRS STRESS ED
19-11-13, 20:09
my boss makes me anxious :doh: and crowds

nomirawr1
21-11-13, 06:55
Night time, night time makes me VERY anxious. We had a string of break-ins recently near my house, including my immediate neighbour. Not awesome for the anxiety level!

Tim89
21-11-13, 20:26
I used to smoke a lot of weed from a young age (14) then when I was 18 a very close friend got stabbed to death... Few days later smoked some weed bam massive panic attack... Cue heart attack hysteria kept happening whenever I smoked the weed now if I even smell it my chest starts to tighten think my body now has an automatic reaction to it ...

When I went to my GP with anxiety one of the first things he asked was whether I had smoked weed. I guess it's becoming more recognised for its ability to trigger anxiety disorders, especially in young smokers. Well I did smoke weed and it did coincide with me developing anxiety.

As for what makes me anxious.. pretty much everything, ha. although at the moment its palps which are scaring me. I daren't even drink a coffee and reading that forum headline here: 'palpitations, missed beats and ectopics,' freaks me out :/

penguin120
26-11-13, 03:55
reading about horrible health issues.....:weep: