PDA

View Full Version : Morning ( new member here)

Gemzr
18-11-13, 09:28
Hi

Let me start by introducing myself and telling you all what's been going on with me

I am 28 and live in newcastle I also have a 3 year old toddler

About 2 months ago I had palpitations for about an hour I then suddenly got a numb face which I linked to a migrane because I have had this before I took some aspirin and lay down to which my whole left side went numb I have never experienced this so I phoned out of hours service and they immediately told me they were sending and ambulance which sent me into blind panic (I didn't know this at the time) and when I explain the next part it might make sense

About 2 nd half year ago my dad died very suddenly on pneumonia went in one day died that night and I think since then I have been always looking for more serious reasons instead of just thinking it was minor until I snapped

So after 6 weeks of trying to beat this myself I took a huge attack at work, I work for the NHS and was linking my symptoms with other people's diagnosis, I then realised I needed help so went to the GP the next day and asked for some meds and CBT.

I got put on Sertraline and he told me I could feel anxious for about 4 weeks well this made me not want to take the tablet I decided not to take it and he put me on propanolol which has helped after tinkering with my dose a little bit I was also put on stomach tablets which made me feel wierd so I stopped them and got. An alternative but by then I was apprehensive to take regarding the feeling I got

So I took one on Saturday and my anxiety kicked up but I never thought about the tablet until later when I started to feel better I clicked and thought it might be the tablet! My stomach was so sore yesterday I had to take another tablet and about an hour after taking it I felt an attack coming on

Now I don't know whether its the tablet or my mind any advice?

Also anyone on propanolol can it cause headaches?

Sorry for rambling

MrAndy
18-11-13, 09:42
hi gemzr really sorry to hear your troubles especially with a toddler around,i dont know about propanolol but ive been on sert which really helped me a lot
you will get good support and advice on here ,take care