PDA

View Full Version : I'm so depressed and anxious

Purple Butterfly
18-11-13, 11:43
I'm posting on here in a bit of desperation. I'm feeling horribly depressed and really anxious. I work from home on my own and have no one to talk to during the day. My husband is out at work. I feel very isolated.

I don't really know what's got me into such a state but I'm feeling panicky and tearful. I've rang my doctors to try and get an appointment with a sympathetic doctor I've seen a few times and been told that he's moved to another surgery. That just triggered off a huge wave of anxiety and tears. I'm in a fog of panic now. I can't concentrate on work. I

Every time I go to the doctors I see someone new and I'm constantly retelling the same stuff to different people who don't know me or particularly seem to care. They all seem desperate to get me out of the room and the next person in. This one doctor was sympathetic and helpful and now he's gone. I think I'm panicking because of that.

I've not been on antidepressants for a year or so, but these dark winters make me really depressed and I can feel it coming on in a big way. It's suffocating me. I have no friends and no one who will help me.

Sparkle1984
18-11-13, 14:05
I know it can be nerve-wracking seeing a new doctor, but in my experience it's never been as bad as I expected it to be. I was seeing a really good doctor but she went on maternity leave this summer and I have no idea when she'll be back, so I've had to see other doctors in the meantime. You shouldn't have to keep repeating yourself as everything should be on your medical notes.

I think when you call to make an appointment you could ask the receptionist if there is a doctor who has more experience with anxiety issues.

Has anything happened in your life recently which could have caused this blip? Or is it more like seasonal affective disorder?

Purple Butterfly
18-11-13, 16:11
I think I'm feeling so awful at the moment because I went away for a weekend away with a group of people I don't really know and I found it really stressful.

I'm part of a hiking/climbing club and we went on a hill walking trip. I found it utterly overwhelming being in such a big group of people who all knew each other really well. I spent most of the time feeling anxious, awkward and completely clammed up. I struggled to speak to people and found the whole thing horrendously difficult. The others were nice but didn't say a lot to me and I went into my shell.

I'm really trying to make friends in my local area and it's not working. I have a few friends who live in other countries or other parts of the UK and I rarely see them. I'm getting panicky and anxious that I'm so isolated. It's like I've lost the ability to relate to people. I do get SAD which probably isn't helping.