PDA

View Full Version : Help...........

kittykat
07-11-06, 14:30
Just done a google search on...........mouth cancer and am convinced i have a symptom. A white lump, below one of my teeth on my lower jaw to the back(its definately not an ulcer) really freaking out as to what it can be. Am in a major panic feeling really shaky, i know i shouldn't go on google but i cant help myself.............:(

lass
07-11-06, 14:35
How long have you had this? Has it appeared very recently? Is it the size of an ulcer?

I'm quite obsessive about my mouth (I get loads of ulcers). I also get some little kind of blisters, completely painless, that come and go. They used to freak me out a lot. Then I had a panick about a hard pale lump under my teeth, kind of under my tongue, but I am thinking now that this must be bone/tooth kind of thing. I've had it ages now and no change.

I don't know much about mouth cancer, other than it scares the hell out of me, but I do know they say it is ulcers that last for more than 3 weeks. So if you haven't had yours long, hopefully it will just go away soon!

Take care, and try not to panic too much.

Caroline
xx

Paddington
07-11-06, 14:36
probably your wisdom tooth!!They show thru the gum white!!AAH stop panicking hun!Use all that wisdom and leave the google alone!!!I refuse to start googling so it is ahabot i have not gotinto,so easy for me to say,crumbs my imagination is bad enuff without googling to.Hope you feel calmer now hun,love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

kittykat
07-11-06, 14:47
Hey Caroline,
I've had it about 3/4 weeks now its a kind of pale white lump under one of my teeth, it sounds like yours,do you think it could be bone ? Whats freaking me out is that its not sore i've got the dentist on thursdaydo you think i should point it out to him or just see if he notices it first?
I know that i shouldn't google it evil.
Its my pointy tooth on my lower jaw at the back of it and thers a small white lump maybe its just the shape of my gums , but when you get anxious you tend to over examine these things wheras i suppose most people wouldn't...........

**whenwillthisend**
07-11-06, 15:12
I have this too-its definately bone or even your gum....in fact below nearly everyone of my teeth i have this......we focus way too much on little things and turn them into catastrophies-if you are really worried go see dentist.......but you really have nothing to worry about.. you may have not npticed it before thats all
take carex

yorkylover
07-11-06, 15:30
Please dont google pet,only makes anxiety alot worse.Take it from someone whos been there.Im sure its nothing really bad.I would point it out to the dentist.;)

Ellen XX

hayles
07-11-06, 15:45
The dentist is the best person to visit in such circs, so
be relieved that you have got an appointment on Thurs and try and relax till then
He will pick up on it!

Let us know how you go.

Hay x

Sheik N Shimmy
07-11-06, 15:46
The chances of it being cancer are...... errrm.... zilch. And even if it was they would fix it.

It could be a lot of things. As 'whenwillthisend' said - it's probably something you just didn't notice before you started examining everything.

You dentist will give you the reassurance you need. Don't leave the surgery without asking him about it (only for your peace of mind).

E

Here kitty kitty.....[:P]

Keep On Keepin On

kittykat
07-11-06, 15:49
hey,
thanks all for your advice it really helps, i'll keep you posted as to how i get on

reddevil
07-11-06, 16:14
Hi,

I have a white lump below a tooth and I got worried.
I went to the dentist and was told it was the bone from the tooth sticking out, very common apparently.

Red

Dan21
07-11-06, 16:36
Me too. I'd try not to worry about it KK. I think that if it was anything sinister, you would have more symptoms than something that many of us seem to have. But mention it to the dentist to put your mind at rest.

Dan

-----------------------------
I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

jojo
07-11-06, 18:34
I have found that if you look up something health wise on the net,it almost evertime comes up with something completly diffrent.Please try not to pay to much attention to google if you can,it will just make matters worse for you.

Take care,jojo

lass
07-11-06, 18:53
I found mine when I had an ulcer in that area. I've probably always had it but never noticed it, but it freaked me out for a while! As I've got older, my bottom teeth have become more crowded, and I wonder if it is just bone/tooth pushed out of place a bit. I've been to the dentist loads of times since and they've never picked up on it, and I've never mentioned it (feel a bit silly!).

Please post back after Thursday and let us know what dentist says!

Caroline
xx

Daisybun
07-11-06, 21:23
As everyone has said your dentist will be able to put your mind at rest on Thursday. And don't google, i know when you have health anxiety you want to check everything out and make sure you're OK but it only makes it worse and you will find out more stuff to worry about than you ever thought possible - so please try and resist.
Let us know how it goes

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'