PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my son

Hck80
18-11-13, 17:44
Hi, I have been doing so well with the HA for the past year or more. But it's slowly coming back since having a miscarriage in June.
Yesterday my 5 year old said his head hurt and so I have him calpol, he hasn't ever said before about a headache so I started to worry (I didn't even know 5 year olds could have them?). Anyway, he does seem a little under the weather but te anxiety in me thought it must he a brain tumour!! He seems ok today but isn't at school as he said his head hurt this morning. It doesn't stop him from doing things but has said again a few times ow my head hurts (but doesn't seem to be in pain)

Would you be worried?

Fishmanpa
18-11-13, 18:06
Hi, I have been doing so well with the HA for the past year or more. But it's slowly coming back since having a miscarriage in June.
Yesterday my 5 year old said his head hurt and so I have him calpol, he hasn't ever said before about a headache so I started to worry (I didn't even know 5 year olds could have them?). Anyway, he does seem a little under the weather but te anxiety in me thought it must he a brain tumour!! He seems ok today but isn't at school as he said his head hurt this morning. It doesn't stop him from doing things but has said again a few times ow my head hurts (but doesn't seem to be in pain)

Would you be worried?

Would I be worried?... as much as any parent would be worried about their child feeling ill but certainly NOT about a brain tumor in a 5 year old.

Positive thoughts

Hck80
18-11-13, 18:13
Thank you, I know deep down it's just this anxiety rearing it's ugly head again

Annie0904
18-11-13, 18:42
Mum's worry all the time when our children are ill and yes they do get headaches at that age. I wouldn't be worried about brain tumour though.

BumbleGirl
18-11-13, 19:10
Hello. I have had the exact same anxiety as you! My son is 7 and I remember the first time he said he had a headache a few years ago I completely freaked thinking it was something serious! He's had a headache a few times and everytime I still worry. His turn out to be because he's overly tired or because he's got a cold so those could both be possibilities. As long as a child isn't in agony then I'm sure all is ok xx

cpe1978
18-11-13, 19:17
My daughter is six and she has had headaches from time to time, often connected to being bunged up.

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Both my children GIVE me headaches quite a lot of the time though :)