PDA

View Full Version : Ugg. How many people are going to know?

RaZoeLynn
07-11-06, 15:43
[:o)]Well, for the past while I've been talking with my counceler person she told me that it sounds like I could have ocd. That freaked me, but then she said we had to tell my dad to ask about meds. I figured since he was my dad it would be ok. Then he told a family friend becasue her daughter also has 'it' and I was sort of ok with that because she's nice. Now though, I had to tell my counceler at school because my other one thought it would help to have someone at school who could help . . . :(

It just caught up with me how many people know about me and my 'issues'. I mean who knows who they might tell . . . [:X]Dose anyone else have problems with people knowing about them? How many people is normal to have know.:(

Sorry if this is in the wrong place I just needed to get this off my chest.

RaZoeLynn
07-11-06, 15:46
(I didn't know that one face was a kiss.[:I]Yeah. I dodn't know how to edit post. Sorry about that.)

yorkylover
07-11-06, 16:33
Hi and welcome to the forum.I really wouldnt worry about who knows,its nothing to be ashamed off.You will get lots of helpfull advise here.We are all in similar situations.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

jill
07-11-06, 17:33
Hi :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE

I can understand your fear of people knowing, given your age. What is it that bothers you most about people knowing.

Some people have to know so they can help you. Your dad told this family friend because he needs advice too and thought maybe this person maybe able to help.

You need support at school and your getting it, thats great, how are things going on that [?]

You have come to the right place, tell everyone on here how you feel, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

RaZoeLynn
07-11-06, 21:24
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE

I can understand your fear of people knowing, given your age. What is it that bothers you most about people knowing.

Some people have to know so they can help you. Your dad told this family friend because he needs advice too and thought maybe this person maybe able to help.

You need support at school and your getting it, thats great, how are things going on that [?]

You have come to the right place, tell everyone on here how you feel, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

<div align="right">Originally posted by jill - 07 November 2006 : 17:33:49</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
I'm mostly scared they're going to judge me for it. Somedays when the school person calls me down, I almost wish I'd kept everything to myself.[:I] But then I'd probably be worse off . . .Bah.

jill
08-11-06, 00:34
Hi Vicki :D

**I'm mostly scared they're going to judge me for it. Somedays when the school person calls me down, I almost wish I'd kept everything to myself. But then I'd probably be worse off . . .Bah**

Ohh vicki, again I can understand how you feel and my heart goes out to you hun, who do you think that may judge you, ? you have done nothing wrong, talk on hear Vicki, NO ONE will judge you on here, we are all hear to help.

You are a strong and brave young lady, you new you had a problem and you took action to help yourself, WELL DONE.

You where soooo right in not keeping things to yourself, talking helps.

When you say in school the person calls you down, is this in front of people, could you ask them not to do that because its making you feel uncomfortable ?

**Dose anyone else have problems with people knowing about them? How many people is normal to have know.**

I never had a problem people knowing I suffered pa's, anxiety. When I was acute I told everyone, well anyone who would listen, but I can understand what you are saying, people can be cruel sometimes, but those type of people are not worth the worry.

Let us know how things are going Vicki, keep talking, keep fighting, you will win in the end, with alot of hard work, time and support.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

LickeyEndBlues
08-11-06, 09:59
Hi there

It sounds to me like you are doing the right thing and the advice here is spot on.

How you feel about people knowing is a big issue for us all, most of that tied up in our perceptions of what other people will think of us. That is the same whether you are 15 or 51.

Undoutedly the best thing is talking and the more we do that the more help we can get and the more some other folks will understand.

I can relate very much to what you have said......and i'm the second number!! I sometimes find myself sat waiting to see the doc wondering what everyone else is thinking...stupid I know!!

Take care and welcome to NMP it is a great source of support and advice.

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

RaZoeLynn
08-11-06, 11:33
~When you say in school the person calls you down, is this in front of people, could you ask them not to do that because its making you feel uncomfortable ?~

Yeah. I'll try asking her about just setting a time for me to come maby . . .

RaZoeLynn
08-11-06, 11:36
:DThanks to everyone for being so nice.