PDA

View Full Version : Thought i went crazy for a bit...

Neurotic Nick
19-11-13, 01:47
Hi guys, have just had a weird and scary episode.

Quick background had a big relapse about a month ago that left me completely housebound and constantly panicking about a month ago but have been slowly recovering and been taking buspar for the past 18 days.

Now i think the buspar is helping because my anxiety has diminished and im slowly getting active again and venturing outside for little errands but it has left me feeling easily confused and a little unstable. At least i think its the buspar...

Anyway was having a good day today and decided to watch a movie in bed to relax. I put on "seeking a friend for the end the world". Its basic premise is that an asteroid is going to hit earth in few weeks and the main characters are living out their last days in the knowledge itll all end in a few weeks.

About halfway through i was enjoying it and feeling great and decided to pause it and make some tea. Then i realized the movie had really gotten into my head, i had this odd feeling that the world really was going to end in a few weeks. Like if i thought about an appointment next week it seemed really unreal. Panic of course set in as i knew this was nonsense of course but it really felt that way.
It made me feel really unstable as if my mind had gone soft...

Perhaps stupidly i kept watching it till the end, really didnt like it and now thankfully that feeling has mostly subsided but im still left with some anxiety and fear that the buspar is making me unstable....

Can anyone relate to this? Have you ever had the sense you were sucked into a movie but in the bad way?

hanshan
19-11-13, 10:56
I've been sucked into lots of movies in both good and bad ways, without the need of Buspar.

The Buspar might be affecting how you are processing things, but don't dwell on it - the effects are likely to be temporary.

The main thing is whether you are starting to feel better. If so, you can ride the blips as you move ahead..

Neurotic Nick
19-11-13, 12:26
Thanks hanshan that is exactly what i needed to read :)

Yes youre right, a few hours after posting i felt absolutely fine and such "bouncebackability" is new for me and a definite improvement!

Ill keep your words in mind when things get weird again, i think they'll really help!

Col
19-11-13, 18:36
Watch a comedy instead :winks:

Neurotic Nick
19-11-13, 19:19
Haha i thought it was, never trust imdb lists ;)

Going to watch a Laurel and Hardy movie tonight - cant go wrong there :)