PDA

View Full Version : Seriously can't believe my doctors

Katty1303
19-11-13, 12:47
So as many of you no I have health anxiety I fully acknowledge this fact however on Sunday At the out of hours doc I was diagnosed with a uti, Haveing just got off the phone to my own gp he confirms that I don't actually have one but have white cells in my urine?? What's that??

I'm now so confused as being told I had a uti relaxed me to no my symptoms had a physical cause. But now being toldi haven't got one and that these symptoms are anxiety has me wondering how I can feel so ill with this?
My symptoms.
I feel genuinely unwell, I get exhausted just walking up the stairs, dizzy, faint, unreal, get stomach back and side aches, tired all the time, crazy vision, pressure in cheeks and ears, burping constantly. Surely feeling this unwell is not just anxiety? And why are there blood cells in my wee?

Brunette
19-11-13, 12:56
According to the NHS website white blood cells in the urine are a sign of infection, usually cystitis but not always.

Is your doctor doing further tests? He should be finding out why they are there.

Katty1303
19-11-13, 13:33
Nope. He's doing nothing.

HoneyLove
19-11-13, 13:59
Regarding feeling faint, dizzy, unreal, pressure in cheeks & ears and crazy vision:

- do you spend a lot of time looking down at a phone or tablet, or long hours on computers?

- do you grind your teeth or clench your jaw, either in your sleep or while awake?

I'm not sure what to think about the cells in your urine, have you already started an antibiotic for it?

Althea
19-11-13, 15:04
Katty, the UTI thing actually isn't that uncommon. What the doc can see right away is stuff like white blood cells and skin cells, which are often associated with a UTI, so it's pretty common for them to start treatment based on those; however, it takes a while for the urine culture results to come in and actually demonstrate that there's bacteria there. The out of hours doc only saw the first; your gp then saw the negative results of the culture.

There are a few things that can cause this, but one of the most common is simply bladder irritation from some foods. Have a look at an irritating foods list like the one on the Cleveland Clinic site (I'm too new to post links, unfortunately) and see if there's anything on there you've been eating more of than usual or that you might try limiting for a while. (It was lovely fresh oranges for me.)