PDA

View Full Version : Got to go hospital - NO

Col
19-11-13, 17:00
Im due to give birth today. I have been anxiously anticipating this day since i got pregnant!!!I just know when the labour does start its going to be horrific/problematic!

I'm right , I decided to cancel routine check with Midwife via text told her how anxious I was, felt funny & just want to rest. Baby moving but a bit slower & period pains. Her answer call hospital - that was it no reassurance nothing???
I then got son frm school called hospital told them that my midwife told me to call them & they turned around & told me to go up.

They say baby's do slow down, less room etc & I was just giving my mw a breakdown of what I'm experiencing via text.

Had a few unknown missed calls SO my anxiety thought the roof. My mother in law just been I've got fire on & she was sat underneath the light & I startred getting blurred vision ?? I started panicking I have issues with vision as it is so had to slink off as though I needed the toilet. I was clinging on to my head walikng up dowb in thr bathroom frantically cheking everything was in focus. God oh God, why ohhhhh why me?

I Knew it!

IM sick to death , maxed out with lack of control and feel like someone's just torchering me to death. I'm going to seriously loose it!

Send positive thoughts my way please,xxx

kittikat
19-11-13, 17:07
Big hugs Col :bighug1:

You can do this, you know it's just your anxious mind playing tricks on you :hugs: and at the end of it you will have a wonderful new addition to your family to keep you busy!

I wish you the best of luck with it all, keep us posted and think how far you have come already...just the final hurdle now and then you can relax and enjoy your new baby :)

Thinking of you :bighug1: Kitti xxx :flowers:

EllyW
19-11-13, 17:08
sending you hugs and positive thoughts :hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
19-11-13, 17:13
sending you :hugs:I wish you well xx

Annie0904
19-11-13, 17:13
Col, I agree with Kittikat, your anxiety about all this is showing in other symptoms. I am sure it will all go well for you Col and I can't wait to hear the news about your baby. Sending hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Col
19-11-13, 18:07
Thanks guys I just feel sooo scared and the the blurred vision that was it. Like a firework I was off! GOD as if it's not scary enough suffering with anxiety in general - its been soo hard. I feel heartbroken by all this. I should be excited, but I am really really scared. I can't imagine actually having a baby at the end. I'm almost worried once she's born I'll be sooo wrapped up with 9 months of panic, that I'm going to ignore the baby? I'm sure I won't but I've never never ever been soooooo scared in my life. I have conjured up every negative possibility regarding the labour that anyone could ever think of!

I thought by the time it came to the date I'd get my head around it & have a little focus. Have that surge of positive energy - BUT NO!

Thanks soooo much all your good wishes have really touched me I'm having to fight the tears. I'll try and remember all your kind words in my moments of darkness.

Thank U:grouphug:

Annie0904
19-11-13, 18:13
I hope baby doesn't wait too long to arrive so you can get it over and do with...try to focus on the positives (I know not easy!) :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Rennie1989
19-11-13, 18:27
I was thinking about you today, wondering if I was going to hear that you have another addition to the family. Sending you lots of happy thoughts and best wishes.

Remember to stay calm, relax, listen to some music or have a hot bath. It's normal to feel anxious now, but remember that it will be all over and you'll soon have a very beautiful baby in your arms.

Col
19-11-13, 18:33
Yes great advice that's one thing I need to keep reminding myself, it will soon be over!

I definately should keep that thought. I hate moaning about this my cousin can't have kids she's desperate. But I think being a gad sufferer just makes the worry sooo much more intense. Whenihad the blurred vision earlier I looked in the bathroom mirror and my pupils were soooo dilated.

I'm just chilling out with my children. Trying to come down from what happend earlier. GOSH us anxiety/panic attack sufferers don't half get tested at times like this!

XXXXXXXX

almamatters
19-11-13, 18:35
Best wishes Col, hope all goes well :) xx

Rennie1989
19-11-13, 18:35
I agree it's definitely a test! But we all come out of it strong ;)

The blurred vision and dialated pupils sounds like symptoms of anxiety. It's obvious that you have to be observant of your health right now but concentrate on the labour and the baby.

Col
19-11-13, 18:43
Thanks for your advice Rennie, Ive been very anxious For a long time & today because its my expected deliver date I think its making me psychologically worse.

U know as well the fight or flight part of panic & anxiety doesnt matter because I can't run away from this & that's what's killing me. I've really got no control.

:weep:

Can I ask u look very pretty in the picture is that your wedding , when was that?

Rennie1989
19-11-13, 19:07
It doesn't help when you have no control, that's what exacerbates our anxiety. It happens to everyone though, to some degree.

Ow thank you :) it was my wedding, got married in September this year.

Col
19-11-13, 19:14
Ahhh a very late congratulations xxx

jillyb
19-11-13, 19:26
Col, is your vision still blurred?

Col
19-11-13, 20:23
Hi jillyb - no its not thank God, I think the go to hospital by midwife and the fact my due date and then warm room my MIL sat under a light and visual issues make me feel like a migraines gonna start and I proper panicked.

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Jilly b really worried now you've asked that. Visual issues are a trigger for me as one of the things that happend when. Suffered my breakdown was migraines. I've always had them but the association freaks me out.

Bonnibelle
20-11-13, 07:27
I felt terrified to go into hospital with my third child but I did it. You can do it! Good luck. I hope everything's going well xxx

AuntieMoosie
20-11-13, 07:37
Thinking of you Col and sending hugs :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs:

I think that what you've got here is a whacking great dose of anticipatory anxiety hun.

The anticipation of an event is much, much worse than the actual doing of it and I think that once labour starts, the anxiety will go because you'll be busy bringing your new baby into the World and nothing else will matter then hun :) :hugs: :hugs:

jillyb
20-11-13, 07:46
Col, I didn't mean to make you more anxious. It was just that my daughter had that in pregnancy (along with high bp, swelling everywhere etc) and it was preeclampsia, but she was fine and had a perfectly normal, gorgeous baby. She's 30 weeks with her 2nd now and she's anxious too! By the way, for some reason I was far more anxious with my 3rd. In fact they had to induce me in the end ...I think they'd had enough of my panicking! Can't wait to hear your news! Good luck! Xxx

HoneyLove
20-11-13, 10:07
Just a reply to say I'm thinking of you Col and wishing you well with the birth! Come and let us all know how you're doing when you're up to it afterwards! :hugs:

Col
20-11-13, 12:25
HI EVERYONE XXXXXXX you are sooo kind and have given me some great food for thought & encouragement AND I am sooooo grateful and it really does help me be a bit calmer.

NEWS IN - slow labour too much info but this morning went to hospita
Because of mucus plug/ blood show so it's started A BIT mad ironically that they've sent me home but baby is fine after all the concerns of slow movements from yesterday! So that's one good thing that's come out of my hospital visit this morning.

Hopefully when the serious stuff starts, it will be fast and over with minus the migraine or visual issues.

Thanks soooooo much your my saviours :grouphug:

Jilly b sorry I feel bad - I was in a high state of panic all day yesterday xxx hope your daughter gets on ok xxxx

Fishmanpa
20-11-13, 12:39
One of the coolest things I recall from when my children were born was holding them for the first time and the "new baby smell". To this day (and my children are adults), I can recall that smell :)

There are so many wonderful things about a new baby and you're right Col, your anxiety is taking that away from you. If you can, try and focus on what a miracle it is in what you're doing. A new life is inside of you, full of wonder and joy and innocence. The joys awaiting you and your family far outweigh the worries in your mind and that's exactly what they are.... worries in your mind.

Positive thoughts :)

blue moon
20-11-13, 13:08
Wishing you àll the best Col,and do tell us what you had::D
Love Petra x

dally
20-11-13, 14:27
Wishing you a speed labour.
Remember you will be helped by qualified mid wife's who will have seen 'everything'
And you won't be on your own.
Your body will take over and show you what to do, as it did before.
This is the end of your long 9 month journey
But the beginning of you and your wonderful little new baby's journey together.
Enjoy every second.xxxx

Annie0904
20-11-13, 15:13
I have just got home from work and I am so excited that your little baby will soon be here :yesyes: I can't wait to hear the news :) xxx

clio51
20-11-13, 22:21
Well col
I presume by know you will be in the 9cm stage or even of had her!

Hope it was quick,prob was being your third.

How you managed to go through it 3 times aghhh, my Labour was my first and last 22 hours horrendous never want to go through pain like that again.

By the time you look at this you will have a sweet smelling baby that you could just hug and hug. Don't fancy the night feed through col!

Xx

Mac1chick
20-11-13, 22:32
Good luck col x Wishing you all the best .

AuntieMoosie
21-11-13, 04:29
*comes in, sits on the waiting for baby news step* :D

Col
21-11-13, 18:49
Hi guys really very anxious - NO BABY - waters breaking at hospital since 3 am and got back 3 pm shattered back to back position absolutly at my wits end gotto go back tomoz to speed up!

Knew this would happen very scary I can't believe my worst nightmares are coming true!

Xxx

AuntieMoosie
21-11-13, 19:25
Try not to panic hun :)

This often happens at the start of labour, it doesn't mean anything's going to go wrong hun :)

My Son was in the back to back position too, it's nothing dreadful hun, I just found that I felt more pain in my back as opposed to my front, my whole labour was only 13 hours from start to finish, which is really good for a first labour and excellent for a back to back too, his actual delivery was only 6 minutes and he was 8lb 5oz so he was quite chunky too :)

I would think that because this isn't your first labour, that your body will soon kick in and do it's stuff hun, so please don't get frightened hun. :hugs::hugs:

clio51
21-11-13, 19:40
Or col don't be fretting like moosie says this being your 3rd will be easier for you. I bet your second child came quicker than your first time in labour. The wouldn't of sent you home col if they thought it was a problem for you and baby.

When the kids are in bed why don't you have a nice bath and try watch bit tv to take your mind of it, obviously that's if the Labour hasn't kicked in badly.

Here's me thinking last night you'd have a daughter in the next few hours!! But you will once the pains kick in 3rd time col it will be quick.

bab
21-11-13, 20:41
Hey Col, how are you doing? Ive been thinking about you. Im in same boat, im goin gin next Thursday and i am literally losing the plot. Keep us posted and sending lots of love xxx

Annie0904
22-11-13, 20:05
Thinking of you Col xx

Rennie1989
22-11-13, 20:12
How are you doing, Col?

daisydaisy
22-11-13, 20:16
Thinking of you Col- lots of love :hugs: xx

Tessar
22-11-13, 23:22
Oh my goodness col I hadn't seen this thread. Waiting for your news.....!!!!!

Col
26-11-13, 08:55
Hi everyone :grouphug:

FIRSTLY THANKYOU U really genuinely helped me over this past week.

SO :yesyes: MY LITTLE DARLING ARRIVED LAST FRIDAY 22nd NOV @ 08:39am. 7lb5.
NO NAME YET - SHE'S A BEAUTY, loads of jet black hair - I CAN'T GET MY HEAD AROUND IT?

BAD NEWS - Wednesday , thursday and Friday in labour. 3 trips to hospital 2 middle of night and final trip at 1am Friday I went alone sick of my kids being dragged around. But at 4am hubby came due to the drip induction.

Labour stop start 5 internals tmi sorry & in end oxytocin drip. Stiches , vomiting.

I knew it!!!!!!!

I now feel winded and not here my anxiety been through the roof. My pulse rate was constantly up and now home I've had a couple bad nights feeling funny breathless and anxious. It's all been a bit too much. I need time to wrap my head around it all.

But onwards and upwards I keep thinking something is still gonna go wrong , im still gonna die etc BUT im forcing myself to think positive and hopefully the worse is over ! I am very much in love with my baby though she's lovely.

Thanks again though amazing support from u guys I'll try upload a photo XXX

Ps I remember Annie & Moosie saying about once labour in action anxiety goes through window ur body takes over - sooo true the labour I was anxiety free? How weired. I was in agony I didn't have time to think & knocked out on gas & air it was like my hubby & midwife were floating away from me. Bizarre.

Tufty
26-11-13, 10:54
Congratulations Col, remember to look after yourself now. It is normal to feel anxious with a new baby to look after, take time to come to terms with the change and the shock of the labour - apparently it is the nearest to death like experience we ever have. These first weeks are so very special, I hope you are able to enjoy some quiet moments with your beautiful daughter, well done x

Rennie1989
26-11-13, 11:00
A massive congratulations to you! Be sure to show us photos :D

jayjoe18
26-11-13, 12:07
Aww congratulations Col :hugs:

Edie
26-11-13, 12:34
Congratulations on your beautiful dark-haired baby girl. I hope you will soon recover from your difficult labour and get chance to enjoy every minute of your new daughter. Take cate, get as much rest as you can xx

kittikat
26-11-13, 12:41
Congratulations Col, you done it!! And a beautiful new baby daughter, that is fantastic news :hugs:

Make sure you get plenty of rest now...if you can ;) Enjoy your baby and your family...they will keep you very busy!!

Well done :bighug1: xxxx :flowers:

clio51
26-11-13, 12:56
Col, you've done the hardest part but you've still got hard times ahead 3 kids and night feeds.
But as long as you rest and get as much sleep as poss you'll do it!

I always wanted my baby to have dark hair as I'm blonde but my ex was very dark brown so thought that would be dominant but no blonde came through. All my nieces and nephew are blonde.

Annie0904
26-11-13, 13:39
Col I have just come back from the dentist after a filling and your news has really cheered me up :D I am pleased you have the labour over with now and can enjoy your beautiful baby girl. How are the other children doing? I bet they adore their new little sister xx

HoneyLove
26-11-13, 14:22
Congrtulations Col!! :)

Wow that sounds like a *hard* labour, you poor thing. You didn't have time to even think about being anxious, which was probably a good thing.

Take it easy on yourself now and don't overanalyse how you feel. You're going to need a while to recover and get back to normal again.

Wishing you and your new daughter well xxx :hugs:

Col
26-11-13, 15:13
Xxxxx yes that labour is like a nightmare & I can't bare to think about it!xxxxxxx

ElizabethJane
26-11-13, 15:15
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:Congratulations Col. Welcome to the world to your lovely baby daughter.xxxx EJ

Tessar
26-11-13, 17:25
congratulations col - what wonderful news. i am soooooo happy for you and you have made my day.

Annie0904
26-11-13, 17:34
Xxxxx yes that labour is like a nightmare & I can't bare to think about it!xxxxxxx
You don't need to think about it now...it is over with and the only thing you need think about is your beautiful family :)

bab
26-11-13, 17:54
Amazing news. I ve been thinking about you ... did you get any pain relief? x

Kim51
26-11-13, 18:01
Congratulations to you and your family xx:bighug1:

daisydaisy
26-11-13, 18:12
Congratulations Col- well done for getting through it all you're a star! :hugs::flowers: xx

Tessar
26-11-13, 19:13
You don't need to think about it now...it is over with and the only thing you need think about is your beautiful family :)

I totally agree :yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

AuntieMoosie
26-11-13, 23:49
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/moreslushymandy/Group%20Stuff/NewBabyByMandy_zps81bec744.gif

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/moreslushymandy/Group%20Stuff/photo600379_zps167ba4a4.jpg

Fishmanpa
27-11-13, 00:26
Congratulations and many blessings for your and your family!

Positive thoughts!

blue moon
27-11-13, 03:29
Congradulations on yout new addition to your family:D

Love Petra x

dally
28-11-13, 09:03
Very very happy for you col, and your family
Well done you!! Xxxx

Col
29-11-13, 15:02
:grouphug:

I will in time put pic on........ I'm still not 100% but a weeks gone by already - gosh!

Really enjoying having her here at last I can't imagine not having her here now , what a stark contrast to the start of this thread only over a week ago!

HUGS TO U ALL xXXXX

Annie0904
29-11-13, 15:23
Does your little girl have a name yet Col? I know you had picked some out and wondered which one you chose.
I wouldn't expect you to be 100% after a week...having a baby is not an easy task :) :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Col
10-02-14, 14:44

nicola1980
10-02-14, 14:50
Aw she is beautiful :D how are you getting on? X x

Col
10-02-14, 15:26
HI

Barnabas75
10-02-14, 15:37
lovely Col :)

Col
10-02-14, 15:43
HI NICOLA, ahhh thanks shes soo beautiful xxx im struggling to uplaod images. Im on hubby's laptop and dont know what im doing:roflmao:. I've been meaning to get a pic on for nearly 2 months _ time flies. Shes 11 weeks & Weve called her Laila Arianna. I'm ok but had no end of bugs & viruses. One thing after another and with recoving from birth & a newborn its been alot harder. Hopefully the worst is over. xxxxxx

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

:grouphug:

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

HELP :wacko: CAN U SEE THE PICS IN THE LIST????? HA HA IM MAKING MYSELF LAUGH I'M CRAP WITH COMPUTORS:roflmao:

Col
10-02-14, 15:46
MY BEAUTIFUL KIDShttp://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2058&stc=1&d=1392047168

Annie0904
10-02-14, 18:11
Aww Col, you have cheered up my day sharing these pictures. You have a really beautiful family :) I love the name you have chosen.

LeFi_81
10-02-14, 18:40
Congratulations!!! You did it! She is beautiful :) Enjoy every moment.

:D

Tessar
10-02-14, 19:32
Brilliant photos especially all of your children together!!!

Bonnibelle
10-02-14, 19:38
Congratulations Col xxx

Col
11-02-14, 11:37
Glad you liked the pics they've been a long time coming - she's nearly 12 weeks already :grouphug:

AuntieMoosie
12-02-14, 12:44
Congratulations Col, she's so beautiful and I love what you've named her :D

You're family pics are lovely, what a sweet family :hugs:

robinsky
12-02-14, 15:26
Could you not have had a caesarian? Apologies for my spelling if its wrong. Then there would be no anxiety. You'd know nothing about it. My sister had one. Not sure if she had two caesarians or not.

Being a man, I couldn't even begin to imagine what its like.

Annie0904
12-02-14, 16:09
Personally Robin I would much rather have a natural birth than a caesarian. Also they don't usually do caesarian's by choice, they only do them if needed for medical reasons. I think if you suffer from anxiety anyway then a caesarian wouldn't lessen the anxiety.

robinsky
12-02-14, 16:25
I thought it might Annie because aren't you sedated for a caesarian or am I getting my facts mixed up? I couldn't imagine there being anxiety if you're asleep all the way through. Then, I am very sketchy on this subject. Not sure my sis had medical issues but you know so much more about this than I do. I do hope that the birth goes smoothly!!!! Positive Thoughts!

Annie0904
12-02-14, 16:40
You are not sedated for caesarian, you are usually given an epidural. The actual birth is not the problem as you don't have time to feel anxious once you are in labour :D. It is anticipatory anxiety before the event that makes it difficult for some women. Col has had her baby now and a beautiful baby she is :) I am well past child bearing age Robin, my youngest 'baby' is 24 years old now :)

Col
13-02-14, 11:06
You are not sedated for caesarian, you are usually given an epidural. The actual birth is not the problem as you don't have time to feel anxious once you are in labour :D. It is anticipatory anxiety before the event that makes it difficult for some women. Col has had her baby now and a beautiful baby she is :) I am well past child bearing age Robin, my youngest 'baby' is 24 years old now :)

And Robin aunt Annie is sooo right once labour kicks in , u haven't got time to worry its soo painful you just want it over with:winks: and believe me there was no one as worried as me durring my pregnancy I was horrifically anxious, im sure Aunt Annie will vouch for me on that I was constantly moaning about labour.

jillyb
13-02-14, 11:17
Col, I've only just caught up with your post. Many congratulations on your baby ...she's beautiful. Hope you're managing to get some sleep now. My daughter gave birth last week to a whopping 10lb 7oz boy. Fortunately it went well this time. When you said about the blurred vision I was concerned because, as you know, she had preeclampsia first time round. What I didn't tell you was that she ended up on life support, not expected to pull through. You can imagine how anxious we all were during this pregnancy but the outcome is wonderful. Enjoy your gorgeous daughter xxx

greggs92
13-02-14, 11:32
Fantastic news, best wishes :)

Col
13-02-14, 21:14
Col, I've only just caught up with your post. Many congratulations on your baby ...she's beautiful. Hope you're managing to get some sleep now. My daughter gave birth last week to a whopping 10lb 7oz boy. Fortunately it went well this time. When you said about the blurred vision I was concerned because, as you know, she had preeclampsia first time round. What I didn't tell you was that she ended up on life support, not expected to pull through. You can imagine how anxious we all were during this pregnancy but the outcome is wonderful. Enjoy your gorgeous daughter xxx thanks sooo very much & many congratulations to you & your daughter. Wow that's quite a big baby but I can imagine very beautiful! What's his name? :bighug1:

Thank God u didn't tell me that bit, thanks because I swear, I was at the time on the verge of another breakdown I was mega distressed. Bless your daughter gosh that is something to worry about unlike me who constantly surmising!:bighug1:

Happy endings all round xxxx

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

Thanks Greg I love your signature qoutes x