PDA

View Full Version : nearly 3 weeks after stopping fluoxitine (prozac) I feel awful :(

Gazzalee123
19-11-13, 20:04
Hi
I took citralapram for 7 years , was then put on fluoxitine for the last 7 years ..
I decided to stop and under drs instructions slowly reduced my dose .. then alternate days etc over a period of a month . I then stopped .. for 2.5 weeks I was ok no real signs of withdrawal only my usual symptoms on m.e cfs .. then boom I feel awful ..
My whole body aches including my chest the pain is horrible and scary. . I feel very dizzy and have a constant fuzzy headache .. all weird twitxhs in my nose ??
Has anyone else experience thos of anuthing simular and how.long did it last .. pls help considering going back to them :(
Thanks

Mac1chick
19-11-13, 22:39
Hi Gaz,

The last time I came off prozac I felt dizzy too. It lasted a couple of months then I was fine. Unfortunately Im back on them again !
Take care x

Emphyrio
24-11-13, 02:16
I suffered no withdrawal effects when coming off prozac the first time. The second time I came off them I experienced brain zaps.

In both cases though, I suffered nasty, crippling depression for months afterwards, and I ended up going on other meds. Apparently some people may need a year or two to taper off these meds and thereby let the brain get used to having to make its own serotonin.

janey jane
24-11-13, 14:29
I cant really remember any horrible effects after stopping it twice but then I got pregnant twice, stopped taking flux and the pregnancy hormone took over so I felt okay, this time ive no intention of getting pregnant again so if I come off them it will be on my own so ive yet to know but I am tempted just to stay on the tablets forever, hope u feel better soon xx