PDA

View Full Version : Can't fart

Lockey1995
19-11-13, 20:21
This week my anxiety has hit me like a brick, it's been a really bad week. My IBS has really started to kick in but i have a problem that's really worrying me I have the urge to fart but i just can't and it's really starting to worry me. The appendicits fear is coming back and I'm just losing it.

Has any one had anything like this before.

Kez_miller
19-11-13, 23:04
Unfortunately my friend it's just another annoying niggle of IBS. I have anxiety related IBS and when I have a bad week I feel so bloated n feel like I need to "fart" for want of a better word. But just can't. It's not dangerous. Just one of many symptoms. Maybe try eating a lot of fibre that can help all the time even more so on a bad week.

Emphyrio
20-11-13, 01:16
Yeah, sounds like classic IBS to me.

Just watch out that you don't squeeze too hard...it could be more than a fart that actually comes out!

shakey1961
20-11-13, 09:22
Isn't that called "following through"? :D I know it must be a worry for you, but this thread made me laugh. Perhaps we have to have a laugh at our symptoms sometimes - helps get us through the day.

I hope you feel better soon.

blue moon
20-11-13, 10:29
LOL,shakey I really did follow through last week had bad wind pain.
Petra :D

shakey1961
20-11-13, 11:50
Ooops!! Too much information

Fishmanpa
20-11-13, 12:00
Yeah, sounds like classic IBS to me.

Just watch out that you don't squeeze too hard...it could be more than a fart that actually comes out!

I can't say I've EVER had this issue much to the dismay of my family, friends, loved ones and even myself! ;)

Concerning that above quote. That's known as "Sharting" ~lol~

blue moon
20-11-13, 13:16
HAĦ Ha! Ha! Just ask my friend what is Sharting,,thank you for that Fishman I needed a good laugh tonight.:D
Petra

Magic
20-11-13, 18:23
You have to laugh,:D but I have the same problem, it's a relief when you can get wind out.xx

Fishmanpa
20-11-13, 21:31
This is truly not to minimize anyone's anxiety on the subject but I have to smile at poo and gas threads. It comes from a lifetime of appreciation for bathroom humor and humor they say, is the best medicine.

If you want to get a laugh, look up the "Pooter" videos on Youtube. There are well over 100 of them. They're for a unique flatulence product that mimics a fart better than anything I've heard (I have one so I know ;) )

Have fun and as they say... all things will pass.... including gas :)

Positive thoughts

blue moon
21-11-13, 04:12
LOL.......It is a great laugh, :D.

Magic
21-11-13, 13:49
Yes great laugh. Thanks Fishmanpa xx