PDA

View Full Version : Valium - no anxiety but dizzy/giddy??

sixy
19-11-13, 22:05
Hiya,

Been recently having a very bad few weeks of panic attacks. Taking Valium as short term relief. I'm taking an incredibly small amount (1-2mg per day....although prescribed 2mg up to three times a day).

Once taking them, get no anxiety really, but get very tired and wobbly on legs. I've still got the unbalanced, dizzy, light headed feeling. But on such a small amount??

Anyone else have this, does this make sense? I'm too scared to take more as I think I'd be too wiped out to work!

mgw
26-11-13, 14:02
Hi sixy,

I've also been prescribed Valium 3 x a day 2mg for short term relief, but have yet to take any for it.

I have taken valium before on numerous occasions for fear of flying. The first time I did this I did a test run for myself at home, took 2mg. I found that this time I felt really tired and just lay down for a few hours, feeling quite spaced. It was sort of like anxiety about why I felt like this without anxiety, sort of like I just couldn't be bothered to think about it, and I didn't get any of the physical symptoms of anxiety which I think are the main triggers to my anxiety attacks! I think now the spaced out feeling was a lot to do with a placebo effect. Numerous occasions I have taken them after I've felt fine, just less anxious a little spaced but not really that noticeable.

I know this doesn't really answer your question but just thought I'd share my personal experience!