PDA

View Full Version : Work & GAD

neowallace
20-11-13, 10:13
Does anyone else in NMP land have this problem? All the jobs I have had in my life seem to be the same. Everything seems to be 100 miles per hour and I just don't fit in with any of them without making myself ill.:weep: I like taking my time and doing things properly for my own satisfaction. Just started a 2 month contract as a XMAS temp worker. I have been there 4 weeks and feel totally stressed already. I am grateful for the job as I have been out of work for 2 years due to my GAD and Depression. Today I have decided to use one of my rights as a human and leave to protect my health. The job was 10 - 15 hours per week so I could test the water without having to stop my E.S.A. benefit. I was just wondering does anyone else feel like this. I have always worked up until 2 years now. I feel that work is just making my mental health worse no matter how many hours I do :shrug:. Does anybody have any suggestions on any less stressful part time work that they may do? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best wishes to everyone in NMP land...:winks:

"It's ok lose to opponent. Must not lose to fear!"
- Mr Miyagi

Beagle
20-11-13, 22:02
Maybe you need to start with less hours and build up.

Have you thought about volunteering somewhere, maybe one or two hours per day. It will give u the routine of work, but let u reacclimatise yourself, with u maintaining greater control