PDA

View Full Version : Night time urination- worried its Kidneys

sunflower7
20-11-13, 10:24
I have been urinating a lot at night and also have a dry/metallic mouth and a sore lower back. I'm worried as it says on google this can be a sign of kidney problems. I'm out of my mind with worry. I had a liver/kidney function test about 10 weeks ago which was normal but am worried they have started failing since :-(.

HoneyLove
20-11-13, 10:36
I highly doubt that your kidneys would have started failing that recently for no apparent reason, that doesn't make much sense. It's more likely to be something totally harmless like drinking too much before bedtime or a little UTI irritation.

If these are symptoms that you've not experienced before and they're worrying you then it's really your doctor that you need to talk to.

sunflower7
20-11-13, 10:46
Thanks, I've seen my Doctor who said my urine is clear. I'm so worried as all my symptoms point to kidney problems :-(. Last night I tried drinking just a small water before bed but was still up about 4 times to pee :-(

HoneyLove
20-11-13, 10:54
If your doctor had checked you out and given you the all clear, then you need to trust him.

It might be time to consider working on your anxiety levels? You know anxiety can cause frequent urination too?

zak40
20-11-13, 11:14
I ve been suffering with panic attacks and very tense anxiety disorder for the last 14 years .now some something else has appeared in a form of physical problem . all sudden I feel very weak like going to pass out with shaky hands and trembling all over my body also sweating with hot/cold chills. feels like all my energy been drained out of my body suddenly where ever I am.siting ,walking . start looking for food or anything sugary urgently . I use to have this attacks one in 3 to 6 months ,did not bother me at all . had blood test 5 years ago come back showing just low in sugar in my blood ( hipoglecimia) any the doctor at time said just eat more sugary stuff no concerns. now I had another full blood test 2 months ago , come back normal . what concerns me most and worried me so much is I am getting this attacks every day it wont happen when I am sleep it strike only when I start my daily life even thou I eat in the morning/lunch/dinner.. I seen my doctor twice last week and this week even went to hospital , had ecg normal , BP normal . I am going insane , now cant even go out worrying it might strike again . I am taking sertraline 200 mg a day , propranolol 40mg , some times diazzipam when needed . when this so called hipoglicimia attacks strikes it triggers a full panic attack and anxiety.
I realy need your help folks and advice .

HoneyLove
20-11-13, 11:49
I ve been suffering with panic attacks and very tense anxiety disorder for the last 14 years .now some something else has appeared in a form of physical problem . all sudden I feel very weak like going to pass out with shaky hands and trembling all over my body also sweating with hot/cold chills. feels like all my energy been drained out of my body suddenly where ever I am.siting ,walking . start looking for food or anything sugary urgently . I use to have this attacks one in 3 to 6 months ,did not bother me at all . had blood test 5 years ago come back showing just low in sugar in my blood ( hipoglecimia) any the doctor at time said just eat more sugary stuff no concerns. now I had another full blood test 2 months ago , come back normal . what concerns me most and worried me so much is I am getting this attacks every day it wont happen when I am sleep it strike only when I start my daily life even thou I eat in the morning/lunch/dinner.. I seen my doctor twice last week and this week even went to hospital , had ecg normal , BP normal . I am going insane , now cant even go out worrying it might strike again . I am taking sertraline 200 mg a day , propranolol 40mg , some times diazzipam when needed . when this so called hipoglicimia attacks strikes it triggers a full panic attack and anxiety.
I realy need your help folks and advice .

Zac it would be a good idea to make a new post of your own for this, so that more people will see it and reply to you. Go out into the main health anxiety forum and create a new post with this same information :)

nomorepanic
20-11-13, 11:59
Zak - post it under panic attacks forum or symptoms

Koalabear1992
20-11-13, 19:46
Never trust Dr Google... seriously, don't do it! I do it too, it's horrible... Google, webmd... horrid places to self diagnose yourself. Maybe it's something you ate, getting a cold or even hormones... but I doubt your in any danger. Take it from someone who has cardiophobia, agoraphobia, health anxiety and severe panic disorder... your fine. ♥God bless

cpe1978
20-11-13, 20:34
My anxiety started with kidney concerns for reasons that I won't go into in this thread. Anyway, people don't usually just get kidney failure, it is usually as a result of diabetes or high blood pressure or old age.

I would take your perfectly fine blood test and accept that your kidneys are fine.

yenool
20-11-13, 21:37
Anxiety makes you pee more, anxiety can give you a dry mouth and anxiety can cause muscle tension which can lead to pain........
Your tests have come back clearly. It is way more likely to be anxiety than anything 'serious'.

roxy90
22-11-13, 21:49
I always need a wee during the night, and have bad lower back pain. My kidneys are okay (i hope!) I don't think its ananything to worry about.

Besides that.google says these are the symptoms of being pregnant too. Dont let google diagnose you, its killed me off plenty of times and many others on here, yet we're.here still :)

Cags48
23-11-13, 09:49
Have you been tested for diabetice I had this and that's what it was I was diabetic , I think the chemist can test your blood sugar