View Full Version : Insomnia

wonderfly
07-11-06, 23:10
When i feel like i cant sleep i make the following brew:
1. Peppermint tea: 'pure peppermint' from twinings
2. Cammomile tea
3. Splash of lemon for zest
4. A bit on honey for a natural sweetener

Also when you wake up if your still sleepy and apple is the best way to wake up, coffee just makes your system run faster then you hit a low and end up trying to 'catch' the high.

WonderFly[}:)]

wonderfly
12-11-06, 22:12
hey,
If anyone tries this please tell me how it goes...also it clears up dreams so dreams are clearer.

sandie
10-12-06, 11:43
Hi everyone

For those regulars on NMP who have read my posts, you will know how dreadful my sleep is - 2 hours night before last, 4 hours last night (and that was with a sleeping tablet.)

If someone told me that standing in a pile of elephant dung would solve my sleep problems I'd do it!!

I'll try ANY remedies natural or otherwise, and will try the pepermint and camomile tea as well; I currently have a drink of warm milk, lavendar oil on the pillow and my sleeping tablet. Although I took Nytol 2 nights ago and it was useless - gave me nightmares and PAs and I only got 2 hours sleep.

I've also tried brandy in the warm milk, a warm bed, music etc.

My doctor is going to wean me off the zimovane - he's worried about the dependency issue, so I've got to find something that works.

Of course, if my anxiety levels were normal I probably wouldn't have the sleep problem - sorry eeeeeeeveryone - I'm rambling again - I did this yesterday, and its all fixated on this blasted tiredness and lack of sleep.

Sandie

dlou84
13-12-06, 12:28
Of course, if my anxiety levels were normal I probably wouldn't have the sleep problem - exactly my problem... deal with the anxiety and the sleep returns to normal like me last week was amazing 9 days solid sleep until i went to a party on sat where ppl were doing drugs etc etc and i got all panicy left straight away and the worrying kept me up all night then didnt sleep sun either got to sleep on monday just and last night i had a few hours its so hard the reason why the pills dont work is cus the issues are mental (sorry cant spell the proper word lol not on this sleep anyways!) i took nytol didnt do a thing did karms sleep they made me so bad i had sweats shivers and i didnt sleep on them.. got some dysipan cant spell it again from the doctors but im not taking them.. because i no the problem is in my head also last week i didnt sleep and then i BEAT IT i got my sleep back started to see my GF again and i FELT GOOD!!! so i no i can do it.. and believe me im having severe problems but i need to bet this because im better than this.. i was staying in bed all day and jst lying there worrying. im up now feel **** but im up. i have to get back to normal i just have to.. to be honest i love how i feel when ive slept and i love seeing my GF which in turn makes me more happier and life is good again.. until something happens like on saturday.. so for the time being im going to stay away from those parties with the drugs and stuff (which i have never done btw) because i dont need anything to make me worry.. but i do need to do normal things like shop and see friends etc something else ive stopped myself doing.. ive tried everything and nuthing will work because its YOU that makes YOU sleep not the lavender or the tea.. you can in turn stop yourself sleeping also.. i guess accepting this is the first step then dealing with those issues will in turn fix the sleep prob.. problem is mine are so deep rooted that its going to take time for me to sort them out.. Dan