PDA

View Full Version : delete my account please

coolchick1
20-11-13, 12:50
Hi can you please delete my account? I'm not quite a success story yet, I've only just begun the journey of accepting my intrusive thoughts and anxiety but this account kinda makes me dwell on things and I don't feel like I need the support of it anymore which is a good thing :) thank you for all that you've done!:yesyes:

nomorepanic
20-11-13, 13:23
Well done on your achievements.

Are you sure you don't want to stick around and help others now and then?

PanchoGoz
20-11-13, 17:47
Coolchick, why delete your account? Not to be negetive but in ups and downs this forum is great and you may end up wanting to make a new account! Why not just log out and in when necessary.

coolchick1
22-11-13, 11:18
my doctor advised me not to use this anymore, could you please just delete my account? thanks :)

ricardo
22-11-13, 17:22
Doctors aren't always right. There is a mine of information on here and be selective as to what you read and we all have ups and downs and maybe in a few days or weeks it might help you being with fellow sufferers, but of course it's your decision.

Joneselius
24-11-13, 14:13
Deleting this account solves nothing. Your doctor should not advise ignorance.

Ignoring this wont help you at all. OCD isn't something that just 'goes away' you have it for life. I'm sorry but it's true.

It's how we cope with it that matters. Deleting this account on behalf of your OCD is practically mental suicide. Believe me I've tried avoidance - tried it for 5 years. Tried exposure, CBT ER therapy. This illness will plague you always. But you can make it easier and managable with continual support.

We're not going to get a miracle cure. The best we can do is hope and cope :)

PanchoGoz
24-11-13, 15:50
Errrr I wouldn't say it will "plague you always" for everyone, I've seen lots of people recover and there's different things that help everyone. I just want to say you should make your own choices CC, think for yourself and don't just take an instruction from the doctor as gospel. Just log out and it's here if you want support.

Antonio2301
09-01-14, 21:38
Yes take no notice of the Doctors
I had my final appointment yesterday with my psychiatrist and therapist and was discharged They said the same.. I've had anxiety and panic disorder for 21 years.. Since the age of 19. I've mentioned anxiety sites to the therapist and he had the same attitude towards them

These professionals only know what they read and study. Unless you have it yourself you haven't a clue.I cannot talk to anyone about anxiety unless they are a sufferers themselves
I tend to find the majority of people who are not suffering ignorant towards this illness, in my case anyway
So yes do what's best for you

Antonio

harasgenster
09-01-14, 23:07
I think it depends where you're at with your anxiety. When I've been really bad being on this site has made it worse, but when I'm well then posting advice more just reinforces the positive ideas I now have for me.

If you feel that the site is making you more anxious then you might be better off logging off for a while, although you'd want to be sure you're definitely never going to want to use it again if you're going to delete the account, so just not coming here at first might be better for you. Your decision though :)

Antonio2301
12-01-14, 00:31
Point taken, but deleting your account doesn't delete it for good. You can reactivate your account at anytime by contacting admin

If you feel you want to stay off for a while then I'd deactivate and come back at a later date.