PDA

View Full Version : Venlafaxine question

strat61
20-11-13, 17:20
Hi all, hope everybody is doing ok. I have a question, I have been on ven for about 14 weeks gradually moved up to 150 per day 75 twice a day, and I have been on this dose about two months. My question is I feel sick for a couple of hours 3 -5 times a week. Does anybody else have this?

Thanks & cheers

nicola1980
20-11-13, 17:58
Hi do you take it with food? Venlafaxine can upset your tummy so its recommended you take with food x x

strat61
20-11-13, 18:05
Hi Nicola, I take it after breakfast & the evening one about 8.30. But I have no problem after either of them, it just sort of comes on in the afternoons. I have finally talked my GP into giving me 150mg modified release so maybe this side effect will lessen. Oh I have also got blurred vision which cam on about 5 weeks ago, I understand that this is a side effect also. Do yo have any info on that?

spawn
20-11-13, 20:36
Modified release should help :) and you can just take one in the morning.
I found that there's loads of SE's that come with every change of dose or length
of time? It isn't the easiest drug to get along with!

strat61
20-11-13, 22:21
Thanks for input spawn.

Cheers for now

shadowstriker
21-11-13, 11:23
I think it's really common for snris and ssris to cause that initially until you get used to the dose I don't get that mines more constipation and sometimes get restless I know it helps a lot of people but I think it should be called side Effexor lol.

strat61
22-11-13, 12:02
Hi Shadow striker, good one! I went to see a pshyc as my doctor knows nothing about this med, he even refused to prescribe it. Anyway the pshyc said the blurred vision is definitely a side effect & the sick feeling too.But she also said as in your case constipation is a very common with this drug.

Cheers for now

spawn
22-11-13, 23:29
There are loads of different side effects to this drug, it's actually got horrible at times!
I found headaches, migraines and night sweats really bad to deal :(

TRISTAN
01-12-13, 17:08
I had increased anxiety and still have , it's worse in morning and feel like giving up with it been 13 weeks now and on highest dose for 3 weeks now , should it have kicked in if it was going too ?