PDA

View Full Version : help?!

Koalabear1992
20-11-13, 19:30
So I ate alot of carbs yesterday (lots of bread) and my heart rate has been 100 constantly for 2 days straight, even while sleeping... is this bad?!?! I'm beginning to have another episode! (Panic attack) Help!!

Freaked
20-11-13, 20:29
Having a heart rate of that isn't bad for you in and of itself, no. Some people have a condition where their hearts go that fast all the time, and mine does every time I stand (I have a thing called POTS). Mine also was over a hundred for two days once when I was taking a medication. Are you intolerant to carbs, or did they send you into a panic?

If I were you, I would try to drink a lot of water, lie down, read and relax. If it still isn't slowing, you could go to the doctor and see what they think, or at least see if they could give you something to heplp calm you.

AnxietySufferer
20-11-13, 20:51
The fact that your thinking about your heart rate when your trying to sleep shows your in an anxious state.. this is going to make your heart beat faster :D also certain medication can increase heart rate, if this is your only symptom its very unlikely your having a heart attack :D as said above.. somtimes peoples hearts beat faster than others :D