PDA

View Full Version : Big test, make or break, terrified agoraphobic

Freaked
20-11-13, 21:17
I have a condition called POTS, where I have low blood pressure, a fast heart rate whenever I'm upright and a bunch of adrenaline too. Panic is a big side effect of it, partly because when it's bad, it feels like a huge panic attack whenever you stand/sit with your feet down, and there isn't much you can do about it except lie down.

I developed it in February after a flu and had to drop out of college two months before I was finished. Basically, I haven't been 'out and about' at all since then, but I have big repeat college test next week that I *have* to do. My boyfriend's gonna bring me in in a wheelchair, and I've never been outside of a hospital in one before. I'm just terrified. I really hope the doc will give me a xanax for the day, or honestly I just don't think I'll be able for it. I know I'm gonna feel bad anyway, but it at least makes it easier not to *care* so much and keeps the adrenaline down a bit.

Any other agoraphobics out there?

Bonnibelle
21-11-13, 22:39
I struggle with getting out. I had terrible agoraphobia earlier this year. Go into the phobias board and there's an agoraphobia section. Try posting there x