PDA

View Full Version : Brain Aneurysm / Hemorrhage ?

Anxiety Jim
20-11-13, 21:22
Hi,

I've managed to be relatively panic free for a few months. I've finally managed to get a job, and seem to be doing well.

Whilst I was at work today I got a sudden headache that lasted maybe 10 seconds, it made me wince (tenseing my face etc), then went and about every 5 minutes to every hour I've been getting it again. Lasting between 3 and 30 seconds.

This is really scaring me, 2 people my friends / family know have died in the last year suddenly of brain aneurysms rupturing.

I'm terrified that if I go to bed to night I won't wake up.

The pain is focused on either side of my head I'd say 3 or 4 inches above my ears. Sometimes the sudden stabbing bolt-like pain is only on one side sometimes both.

I've had similar headaches in the past, like a massive explosion in my head, I think they're called ice pick headaches.

I'm really scared.

Anyone had anything similar?

cpe1978
20-11-13, 21:26
Jim, in honesty, even if someone has had something similar, it doesn't mean anything to your situation.

The reality is that there is virtually no chance that you have a brain aneurysm, but if you are genuinely worried then you should visit your GP who will give you some decent advice. You sound like you have been doing so well.

Anxiety Jim
20-11-13, 21:51
Thanks for your reply,

Still really worried, I forgot to say that I can almost 'taste' the headaches.

P.S. Just had another one whilst writing the above sentence, I keeled over my desk and my face scrunched up. Now I'm left with the hot aftereffects feeling in my head.

:-(

Not feeling good at all.

tanktyra22
21-11-13, 10:37
I am honestly lost on the site. I just registered this morning. I don't understand how to find what I am looking for. I would love it if anyone can please please please give me their input on something. I am a stressful person ~ always have been but through three kids in the mix and whew!!!! (they are the best) A couple times a day I get this dull pain on the left side of my temple. It comes as fast as it goes. No pain and no dizziness. Left this little ping of something that feels dull. Has anyone at all every experienced something like this? I would say it has been going on a few months or so. My husbands tells me it is stress and I need to relax. That it could be muscular. Anyone????

unsure_about_this
21-11-13, 11:08
Hi Jim

First of all I would like to say fantastic news you have finally got employment, I am hoping I can get employment soon.
As for you worry like cpe1978 has said see your GP.