PDA

View Full Version : Urinating often

Nikki111
21-11-13, 13:33
Im back on this site again! I want some information, if someone could help me. I have type 2 diabetes and I am urinating a lot during the day. I did tell the nurse when I went for my check up. She tested my urine and said it was clear but to keep an eye on it and see if it burns when urinating.

It isn't burning but i'm worried there is something wrong with my kidneys. I do suffer from health anxiety and have gone onto different websites to look into it and as usual, I am terrifying myself. What should I do?

skippy66
21-11-13, 14:50
Did you know that urinating often was a sure sign of anxiety?

Nikki111
21-11-13, 15:10
To skippy66 - No I didn't know this but I know its a symptom of diabetes. I just get very anxious and the health anxiety starts.

skippy66
21-11-13, 15:18
Yeah it's a vicious cycle. The fact is that you have diabetes and you have anxiety. Both of these can cause frequent urination. So you've got a pretty solid cause for what's happening to your body. I would try my best to relax about it, accept it.

Nikki111
24-11-13, 17:04
Thanks skippy

willous1
24-11-13, 17:41
It's been a big part of my anxiety. I literally wee non stop. You have had the tests in the past and sounds like it's okay. Believe me I have had this issue for years.