PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with me ?? can i be fixed

mummysworried
21-11-13, 21:36
Im driving myself mad. My symptoms differ day to day and im too ashamed to see a doctor so just get by. Last winter i had horrific depression and anxiety and was on fluoxetine but i came off these i spring and have never been back to the doctor. My symptoms have been life long but worse the last 2 years, does anyone esle have similer things or know what is wrong with me. My symptoms are depression, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, saying yes to almost everything so as not to offend, intense fear, my mind making up situations that terrify me and i make them real, emotion swings from intense happyness to raging anger , buying and selling everything ( 8 sofas 9 cars 5 dining tables ect in 9 months ) social fear, childlike mentality and fears, cant answer the phone , hideing if someone comes to the door, sending my husband out instead of me on errands. Any ideas would help, my symptoms are endless and ive no idea whats behind it all

Rennie1989
21-11-13, 22:03
It is anxiety and depression, your symptoms suggest nothing else, but I'm going on my own knowledge. If you feel that you are struggling then please your doctor again. You could probably benefit from talking therapy to help tackle the thoughts and to help change your way of thinking.

Believe me, you are not going mad.

Sparkle1984
21-11-13, 23:58
Honestly, there's no need to be ashamed to see a doctor. In the stress control course that I was referred to, they said that nowadays nearly a third of doctor's appointments are related to anxiety/depression in some way. So I think doctors nowadays are more used to it and have a better understanding of it.

It took me a long time to pluck up the courage to see a doctor, so you're not alone in that respect. I found it helpful to write a list of all my symptoms and the negative thoughts I had, so I could use that as a prompt during the appointment. If you do still get too nervous to explain how you feel, then you can hand the list to the doctor and ask them to read it.

I was worried that the doctor wouldn't understand or that they'd be unsympathetic, but that wasn't the case at all. The doctor I saw was very understanding and listened to what I had to say - I think I was in there for about 20-30 minutes so I didn't really feel rushed.

I hope this helps. :hugs:

Tanner40
22-11-13, 00:04
My physician has always been very understanding about my anxiety and depression. The course of therapy and medication might go along way towards helping you. You have to be willing to work at it and to understand that there will be ups and downs along the path to recovery. Anxiety and depression can mimic just about any symptoms and intrusive thoughts come and go. Don't be afraid to talk to your doctor and begin to help yourself. Good luck.