PDA

View Full Version : Just had an horrendous hour

cjemc
22-11-13, 13:21
At 12.17 I started to feel extremely overwhelmed. I was talking on another forum about how much I drink in order to calm me down and someone started telling me that it was highly likely that I have fatty liver disease and that could be why I was retching/dry heaving.

I immediately logged off the site and started feeling like I wanted to be sick, I started shivering and then I started retching really badly, it was like it was never going to end, then I started sweating and I was on the verge of calling 999 such was the terror/dread and panic that I felt, my stomach was churning, my throat felt dry and I could have just curled up in a ball and died such was the horror I felt.

Can anyone help me please? I don't want to die. I don't want to have fatty liver disease, I don't want to die please I feel overwhelmed and I feel like I should really go to A&E for some tranquilisers.

PanchoGoz
22-11-13, 13:56
You don't need to go to A&E. You don't need tranquilisers. You need to sit still, breathe deeply and calm down. Relax your shoulders and your body, slump down, smile a bit. Let the panic die down.
I don't know what that disease is but don't google it. It's down to your doctor to diagnose you and it was inconsiderate of your friend to blurt something like that out to a sensitive person. All your symptoms are most likely anxiety. Have you seen a doctor with your symptoms?

cjemc
22-11-13, 14:35
Hello and thank you so much for your reply, I have calmed down considerably since I last posted but at the time I felt disgusting.

And no I have never been to the doctor for Anxiety issues as I am terrified of being labelled a "looney" and because of the stigma that surrounds mental health.

I did go to my GP in September this year to see what he thought about why I was retching a lot of the time since July 2011. He was at a loss despite me telling him I have had a very stressful year and felt anxious. He asked me numerous questions like how was I sleeping and looked in my ears and in my throat. He looked in my ear as I told him that since 2009 I have had a very strange puffing sound like trapped air every time I yawn upon wakening. He found nothing in the ear!

I was sent for a load of blood tests including a FBC which was completely clear and healthy. The only one that wasn't was my blood glucose levels which were very high.

I try and manage my anxiety with Kalms and St.John's Wort but I feel like this is a losing battle, this year has been the worst of my life for retching and other mental related symptoms. This is the 1st time in my life that I have felt so agitated and scared of just about everything possible.

As for the person who suggested I have fatty liver disease because I drink 3 cans of beer an evening, I told them that if I had any trace of liver disease and/or alcoholism it would have shown up in my FBC via raised levels of WBC or MCV.

russdownunder
22-11-13, 16:29
On 3 beers a night you won't have any liver problems! I had a fatty liver on 8 full strength beers a night plus my anxiety medication. I nipped that in the bud quick smart after my doctor told me the long term consequences.

My Advise would be to see your doctor regarding your anxiety. If your frightened of being labeled a 'loony' your in good company. It's a bloody big club mate and I'm a member too! There's no such thing as a loony. Any doctor will tell you that. There are only people who have problems that need treating and that includes anxiety.

Your doctor will treat you. Not judge you.

Cheers,

Russ.

cjemc
22-11-13, 16:43
Hi Russ, I took some Charcoal tablets as these are meant to be good for stomach trouble (retching) but I haven't felt right all day since I took them. I am starting to feel agrophobic now as well as I don't want to retch or make a fool of myself in public... This is starting to overwhelm me, I am falling to pieces I am telling you.

russdownunder
22-11-13, 17:01
No! Your not falling to pieces. You have my personal guarantee on that. If your feeling agoraphobic just don't go out until you feel better. It's almost 3.00am here in Australia, but I'll stay up all night with you if you need me.

Take some deep breaths. In through the nose, hold it for 4 seconds then slowly exhale through your mouth. Do this 5 times. Trust me you'll feel better. It's just anxiety. Control it.

---------- Post added at 03:01 ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 ----------

Hey how about the cricket! LOL.

PanchoGoz
22-11-13, 17:07
You will only feel overwhelmed if you tell yourself you are feeling overwhelmed. Remind yourself that you are in control. You need to see a doctor to rule out underlying causes for your anxiety and look at treatment. There is nothing "looney" about anxiety, that is totally on a different end of the scale. Anxiety is very common as you can see by the 40000 members on this board.

cjemc
22-11-13, 17:59
Thank you Russ I really appreciate that :) However if you feel tired then please have a nice sleep, I am certain it is anxiety but I am a very worried and horribly nervous person and have never coped well with life in general :mad:

And to PanchoGoz could there really be an underlying condition? What would you say could be a probable cause? Brain tumour???

russdownunder
22-11-13, 18:15
I'm sure you don't have a brain tumor. You have anxiety just like me. :ohmy:

I still think we're gonna kick ya but in the ashes! lol.

Stay calm mate. See your doc for some treatment, and you'll be fine.

Cheers,

Russ.

Night/Morning. :)

PanchoGoz
22-11-13, 18:50
No! Not a brain tumour, try not to catastrophise. Sometimes your chemicals or thyroid can be a bit off, or it could be something you are stressed about.

cjemc
22-11-13, 18:55
My GP checked me for Thyroid Function ! All clear thank God:D
You see now I am writing this I feel as high as a kite, I am on my 2nd can of Heineken and anything feels possible, I don't feel anxious and/or restricted yet just 7 hours ago I felt so bad I was on the verge of calling 999 and asking for help as I felt so shitty :weep:

Why do I always feel better after alcohol and become the life and soul of the party and the next day I am a wreck both mentally and physically???

iainm
24-11-13, 04:18
hi cal I have had horrendous symptoms last few months I have been dry heaving wretching etc for that time no appetite constant panic attacks and I to am really scared had numerous a and e visits dr visits been told all down to anx which is so hard to believe considering how ill I feel but they know what they are doing so I believe u have anx hope u feel better soon

PanchoGoz
24-11-13, 11:23
We've told you alcohol is a depressent!! It makes you feel worse! Your only intoxicating yourself and giving yourself a false sense of confidence! I hope you mentioned to the doctor about it?