PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating/shaking eyes and body when snoozing and waking up

fedup36
22-11-13, 14:03
Hi All,

I keep having this awful symptom which sets me off badly for the day...
I keep waking up and feeling like my eyes or head is vibrating, I can't figure out what it is.. This morning as well it felt like my legs were vibrating to :(

I went to the doctors this morning as I was worried I was having some sort of seizure, he said he doesn't think it is as I can remember whats happening and my boyfriend hasn't noticed anything happening...

Alongside this i have my daily dizziness which has started to improve.. I am so worried though that somethings been missed and I do have epilepsy or a big seizure is round the corner.... :(

russdownunder
22-11-13, 14:24
First up. Epilepsy won't kill you! I know this because my brother has had seizures all his life.

My wife often wakes up shaking and I ask her what's wrong. Her reply is 'I just had a terrible dream but I can't remember it.'

If your still worried, get a second opinion. It may help if your boyfriend gets up a couple of hours earlier than you and take notes while you sleep and during the waking up phase.

Are you eating properly? Do you drink alcohol the night before?

Cheers,

Russ.

fedup36
22-11-13, 14:28
Hi Russ,

He said he has but he can't see anything happening! So I am not physically shaking but i can feel my eyes vibrating..

It seems to happen when i've had a bad nights sleep and im lying in. If i have a good nights sleep and get up when my alarm goes off I tend not to get it.

I am not sure how you would diagnose it you see as I have had 2 mris for my dizziness which came back clear...

russdownunder
22-11-13, 14:53
Please keep in mind that I'm not a doctor, nor do I have any medical qualifications. Except for a senior first aid certificate. LOL. But If you had an epilepic fit you wouldn't remember it. But you boyfriend sure would, as it would scare crap out of him!

My guess is that you suffer a sleep disorder. This would need to be diagnosed by a Doctor.

I think you'll be fine and it will pass. :)

Cheers,

Russ.

fedup36
22-11-13, 15:02
Hi Russ,

Thank you - thats what the doctor said, you wouldn't ne aware that your eyes or legs were vibrating but your boyfriend would so I think as always i need to listen to the doctor and move on :)

Thanks for your advice...

russdownunder
22-11-13, 15:06
PS. If your mri's came back clear you should be happy!

But don't be afraid to get that second opinion ok?

Night. :)

Russ.

---------- Post added at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

Your very welcome. I hope all goes well for you. :)