PDA

View Full Version : Please don't laugh

willous1
22-11-13, 14:52
Hi,

Feeling a lot better lately and some people on here (you know who you are) have helped me so much. But as a sequel to the stool thread I have a new question.

Today whilst at the shop with the kids I took them to the lol. As we were coming out someone I used to work with (A legendary old Italian guy) shouted my name. I shook his hand then he went to wash them? So he had been for a wee and then shaken my hand. I immediately washed my hands then came home and scrubbed them. Now I have stupid thoughts entering my head. Why would someone bloody shake your hand without washing there hands? The only thing making me feel better is that we probably touch hundreds of things a day where people have touched them and have all sorts on there hands plus we probably shake hands etc all the time but just don't see them in the toilet so assume there clean. Can somebody help be look logically? Thanks

Fishmanpa
22-11-13, 14:56
The only thing making me feel better is that we probably touch hundreds of things a day where people have touched them and have all sorts on there hands plus we probably shake hands etc all the time but just don't see them in the toilet so assume there clean. Can somebody help be look logically? Thanks

If you read the above, you just helped yourself ;) Do yourself a favor and go get a little travel size hand sanitizer to carry with you. Because of my health situation and dealing with the public, I always have some around. In fact, at the hospital they have dispensers all over the place for people.

katesa
22-11-13, 15:05
Ah Sean, I wont laugh.

But if a dog has ever licked you, well I guarantee their tongue has been in worse places than that guys hand!

Magic
22-11-13, 15:12
I also carry hand sanitizer or wipes. I have the same feeling. It is surprising how many people do not wash their hands after using the toilet, and when there is only cold water in public toilets as well uugh.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

You made me laugh katesa:D

cpe1978
22-11-13, 15:22
I really wouldn't worry about this at all. Otherwise you would need to worry every time you handled money, opened a door etc etc. which clearly isn't too much of a problem.

You want to see what my two year old puts in his mouth - and he is fine!

This is the tiniest of tiniest blips my friend, you are right you have been doing phenomenally well - keep it up.

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Ah Sean, I wont laugh.

But if a dog has ever licked you, well I guarantee their tongue has been in worse places than that guys hand!

Are you sure???

katesa
22-11-13, 15:52
I really wouldn't worry about this at all. Otherwise you would need to worry every time you handled money, opened a door etc etc. which clearly isn't too much of a problem.

You want to see what my two year old puts in his mouth - and he is fine!

This is the tiniest of tiniest blips my friend, you are right you have been doing phenomenally well - keep it up.

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Are you sure???

Well, what I am sure about is that the worst thing Sean could have caught from this exchange is the Legendary Old Italian version of "Can't pee straight" disease.

Sorry for the hi-jack Sean. Old, getting a bit stale, in-joke.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

By the way Sean, is that your wife? Pretty lady! I would give all of my miniature wargaming models for hair as luscious and thick as that

willous1
22-11-13, 15:54
Ha thanks everyone. I got a bit carried away and came home and scrubbed myself: HA buts stupid thoughts in my head. I got from 'I've washed my hands it's fine' to 'somehow it's going to infect the scar and I'm going to have another infection' I love anxiety.

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

Going back to work tomorrow so that should help me keep my mind off things!

cpe1978
22-11-13, 15:55
Put the kettle on Sean and do something to distract yourself. I can confidently say that your thought process is irrational - but you know that already. Give yourself some space for a blip and then bounce back.

katesa
22-11-13, 15:58
Well Sean my dear, my big fat cat just came and jumped on my lap, rubbing his claws all over my bare knee. He has just been in his litter tray, kicking his own crap around like a housewife at a One Direction concert.

Shall we join latex gloved (cos I don't want to make my already dire situation worse) hands and head off down the co-operartive to get our funeral plans in order?

Seriously though mate, go easy on yourself. Its normal to still panic now and then. x

cpe1978
22-11-13, 15:59
Well, what I am sure about is that the worst thing Sean could have caught from this exchange is the Legendary Old Italian version of "Can't pee straight" disease.

Sorry for the hi-jack Sean. Old, getting a bit stale, in-joke.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

By the way Sean, is that your wife? Pretty lady! I would give all of my miniature wargaming models for hair as luscious and thick as that

Sorry to hijack.......are you speaking figuratively (pardon the sensational pun) or do you really have miniature war gaming models? If so and you align this with a £10 monthly direct debit to a Richard the III website and you really are painting a fascinating picture :winks: :flowers:

katesa
22-11-13, 16:02
Sorry to hijack.......are you speaking figuratively (pardon the sensational pun) or do you really have miniature war gaming models? If so and you align this with a £10 monthly direct debit to a Richard the III website and you really are painting a fascinating picture :winks: :flowers:

If I was going to make stuff up about myself do you think I'd make up a wargaming model collection or would I say something that actually makes me sound cool?

And that's all I'm saying.

willous1
22-11-13, 16:09
You lot are great :) love the conversations.

Yep that's my wife bless her, she has put up with me for years.

Fishmanpa
22-11-13, 16:10
Speaking of cats.... I have to take my Pixie Bob to the vet tomorrow for his annual wellness check. I have to bring a stool sample too. It should be fun trying to find a nice fresh piece of cat poo in the litter box tomorrow morning ~lol~

katesa
22-11-13, 16:11

Well ok. THIS is all I will say about the possibility of me having a slightly geeky collection.

Sean mate - don't worry. Nobody will laugh at you now, they will all be laughing right at this nerd.

katesa
22-11-13, 16:16
Duplicate post. Sorry

willous1
22-11-13, 16:20
Feel a bit better now :D

Being geeky is the in thing apparently so it's all good Kate!

They must take a while to finish.

cpe1978
22-11-13, 16:22
That has made my day.

While we are on the subject of cats and hygiene. Why do people who have cats think it is acceptable to let them dump in a tray and then leave it to fester for a while before disposing of it? I often play poker with a group of friends and the guy who hosts has two cats and when you tell him that his whole house smells of cat s*** he just sort of takes it on the chin as an acceptable consequence of having a cat.

Always wondered whether this was the norm.

And Sean, you are a lucky guy, all the more motivation to get yourself well mentally. C

I know that there seems to be a lot of off topic posting here at the moment but I do like the fact that it lightens the mood and actually I have spoken to some 'cool' (the inverted commas are for you Katie) people. I no longer hang around here for reassurance, I spend time here because there are so many nice people and hopefully I can contribute in some small way to making other people feel a bit better.

katesa
22-11-13, 16:23
I was geeky before it became cool. And let me tell you, us hardcore-ers are still not cool. Never will be :weep:

They take a bit of time yes. But they are so worth it when you take them down the club and show your commander skills and beat the enemy to a quivering, surrendering wreck.

Ahem.

Glad you are feeling better hon

cpe1978
22-11-13, 16:28
Do you have a special carry case and uniform?

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Please don't say yes, as I am busting for the loo and currently have a child on each knee and might actually wet myself.

katesa
22-11-13, 16:28
That has made my day.

I have spoken to some 'cool' (the inverted commas are for you Katie) people.

I'm soooo sorry Sean but I have to add - when a pee-checker puts your possible cool factor in inverted comments, you know you've made it :shades:

willous1
22-11-13, 16:29
Ha, all worth it then.

The 'off topics' really help in the right threads. I feel so much better now and I'm not ruminating like I did.

CPE, I know what you mean. Some people seem to think it's just normal to leave it there and let it smell for a bit. You wouldn't leave dog poo hanging around.

cpe1978
Speaking of cats.... I have to take my Pixie Bob to the vet tomorrow for his annual wellness check. I have to bring a stool sample too. It should be fun trying to find a nice fresh piece of cat poo in the litter box tomorrow morning ~lol~

Good job you don't have to try and get a urine sample!

katesa
Do you have a special carry case and uniform?

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Please don't say yes, as I am busting for the loo and currently have a child on each knee and might actually wet myself.

Not a uniform. Unless you mean my re-enactment gear. In which case. Yes.

Haters gonna hate :D

cpe1978
22-11-13, 16:31
I'm soooo sorry Sean but I have to add - when a pee-checker puts your possible cool factor in inverted comments, you know you've made it :shades:

Touché - *cowers in a corner contemplating deluded sense of coolness.

(PS I haven't admitted to half the things that would decrease my street cred)

katesa
22-11-13, 17:06
Touché - *cowers in a corner contemplating deluded sense of coolness.

(PS I haven't admitted to half the things that would decrease my street cred)

Let me help you there.

Guys, I have been talking to cpe1978 for a while now in preparation for my book "cpe1978: The man behind the posts" and I've learned a lot about him.

His favorite band is Jedward - in fact, he is such a fan of the talented twins that when he won VIP tickets to their latest concert as "Jedward fan of the month" he begged me to teach him how to knit so that he could present them with matching jumpers.

When the twins thanked him after the show, he fainted from sheer excitement.

When he's not entering fanfiction competitions about his favorite band, he enjoys collecting pot-pourri, train spotting and volunteering as a referee at domino games.

Truly, a remarkable man.

Thread hi-jack over.

Sean, WELL DONE on overcoming this. When I compare this to just a few weeks ago, it is clear how hard you have worked. I'm sure your wife is very very proud of you

Fishmanpa
22-11-13, 17:38
Ha, all worth it then.

The 'off topics' really help in the right threads. I feel so much better now and I'm not ruminating like I did.

CPE, I know what you mean. Some people seem to think it's just normal to leave it there and let it smell for a bit. You wouldn't leave dog poo hanging around.

A little light humor is so beneficial and is a needed distraction that helps take your mind off of the niggle ;)

I can tell you this about my cat. Pixie Bobs are big cats and my boy is a good 17 pounds and will get bigger (we expect him to top out at 20lbs). When he goes he can put my worst to shame! Fortunately he's rather tidy and covers it up but still ~whew~ And yes, we clean his box every day and it gets a good scrub once every two weeks. Other than the fur, you wouldn't know we have a cat.

willous1
22-11-13, 17:41
Thanks Kate. Really nice of you to say say and I do feel a lot better. Sitting here watching Thomas the tank engine with the kids after having a lovely dinner cooked for me makes me realise what I have and I'm not going to let anything ruin it.

Back to the cool people we are, we all have out uncool parts to us.

I even took my Wife to a Westlife concert once. Yes that's right..... I took her. To be fair. I just like concerts and have taken her to a few like Justin Timberlake this year, the Killers etc but at that concert in particular it was mostly wife's dragging the husbands. Beat that guys.

Pixie Bob...what a cool name. Need a pic!

Fishmanpa
22-11-13, 18:00
Pixie Bob...what a cool name. Need a pic!

Pixie Bobs are a relatively new and exotic breed. They originate from a mating of Red Coastal Bobcat and domestic barn cat in Washington State here in the US. Kittens from those breedings and subsequent domestic breedings are what the Pixie Bob is today. They look like a bobcat including a short bobcat tail but have the personality of a dog, loves water, walks on a harness and leash, plays fetch etc.

This is "Bobcat Legends Socrates Ulysses" chilling on the sofa ;)

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1375260_10151700671316089_217558348_n.jpg

willous1
22-11-13, 18:03
Haha brilliant. Wish I was that chilled.

I want one now.

katesa
22-11-13, 18:07
Pixie Bobs are a relatively new and exotic breed. They originate from a mating of Red Coastal Bobcat and domestic barn cat in Washington State here in the US. Kittens from those breedings and subsequent domestic breedings are what the Pixie Bob is today. They look like a bobcat including a short bobcat tail but have the personality of a dog, loves water, walks on a harness and leash, plays fetch etc.

This is "Bobcat Legends Socrates Ulysses" chilling on the sofa ;)

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1375260_10151700671316089_217558348_n.jpg

Oh my GOD! He is beautiful. One could almost say - puuurrfect! (Sorry!) And a really awesome name - I thought we did well calling ours Tybalt.

Oh and Sean - I went to see Billie Piper back when she was a singer,

Fishmanpa
22-11-13, 18:12
Haha brilliant. Wish I was that chilled.

I want one now.

There are Pixie Bob breeders in the UK. In fact, one of their studs is from the same breeder I bought Socrates from.

http://www.alsoomsepixiebobs.com/

cpe1978
22-11-13, 18:12
Let me help you there.

Guys, I have been talking to cpe1978 for a while now in preparation for my book "cpe1978: The man behind the posts" and I've learned a lot about him.

His favorite band is Jedward - in fact, he is such a fan of the talented twins that when he won VIP tickets to their latest concert as "Jedward fan of the month" he begged me to teach him how to knit so that he could present them with matching jumpers.

When the twins thanked him after the show, he fainted from sheer excitement.

When he's not entering fanfiction competitions about his favorite band, he enjoys collecting pot-pourri, train spotting and volunteering as a referee at domino games.

Truly, a remarkable man.

Thread hi-jack over.

Sean, WELL DONE on overcoming this. When I compare this to just a few weeks ago, it is clear how hard you have worked. I'm sure your wife is very very proud of you

All true I'm afraid - on a serious note though I have said it before but I am in complete awe of people like you Sean, Katie, Skippy, Honeylove, Andria, Fishmanpa (for different reasons). I have missed plenty I am sure.

I know first hand how dark a place health anxiety can be and so even making the first positive step is immense. So many people have helped me on here and although I will probably will never meet you all you have done more for me in many ways than many of my closest friends.

katesa
22-11-13, 18:20
All true I'm afraid - on a serious note though I have said it before but I am in complete awe of people like you Sean, Katie, Skippy, Honeylove, Andria, Fishmanpa (for different reasons). I have missed plenty I am sure.

I know first hand how dark a place health anxiety can be and so even making the first positive step is immense. So many people have helped me on here and although I will probably will never meet you all you have done more for me in many ways than many of my closest friends.

Oh Jeez. Now I feel bad!

We all adore you too really. You're a pretty awe inspiring kind of guy yourself.

cpe1978
22-11-13, 18:55
Emotional guilt - my speciality :). Tis all true though. I think this is serious stuff that people find their way out of. Or maybe it is just that I have had to endure two six year old girls counting for half an hour on the way to a party. And then listen to my two year old asking one of the girls if they would like to see his big boy bed - I need to teach him some smoother lines! So I may be a bit delirious!