PDA

View Full Version : hope I've done this right! anxious newbie.

fay2013
22-11-13, 15:55
Hi all, new to this, so hope I've done it right! Never even been on a forum before but wanted to speak to other people who maybe similar to myself and share some tips. I've had anxiety and depression for a while now and I'm having counselling, depression side of things is getting better, anxiety isn't so much. I really have trouble trying to relax, does anybody have any ideas or tips? Thanku!

ray52
22-11-13, 16:16
Hi Fay

:welcome:
Your find lots of info on this site to help you and even more friendly people to chat too

fay2013
22-11-13, 16:19
Thankyou, sounds good :) life is lonely at times. Just trying to navigate myself around the site :/

Rory
22-11-13, 17:40
Hiya fay welcome along

fay2013
22-11-13, 17:41
Thanku! :)

Seeking Freedom
22-11-13, 17:41
:welcome: This site has helped me in the short time I've been a member. It's good to know you're not alone and yes, life can be difficult. Hope you find some help in the forums :)

fay2013
22-11-13, 17:45
I didn't even realise this sort of thing existed till my friend suggested it yesterday. Life is oh so difficult, but so precious. I'm aware I should be doing so much more with my life sometimes I just think I'm wasting it, with not wanting to go out and about or do anything due to the irrational fears that surround things. :weep:

Sparkle1984
22-11-13, 18:38
Welcome to the forums Fay. I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

I'm on citalopram and I also found my depression lifted before the anxiety did. I'm also having counseling to discuss the root causes of my anxiety and how to cope with it better.

fay2013
22-11-13, 18:41
Thankyou, so I guess it could be normal for the depression to go first. Well ease atleast. I'm on sertraline 150mg, was on escitalopram for a year but that stopped working then I changed over and started counselling etc. Which is helpful and does teach me techniques, saved me from having a major meltdown in town today!