PDA

View Full Version : Upper Back Pain. .. decided to post here and stop googling

Vida
23-11-13, 07:47
Warning: listing worst case scenarios for upper back pain

I am at it again. I always fear the absolute worst. Ive had upper back/spine pain for about a month now. Its not severe, doesnt keep me up at night. But its there and i know it. And just when i start feeling good and thinking its not there, it rears its head.
i have horrible posture, I catch myself slouching all the time, especially in front of my computer on 12 hr shifts, i lug around a 46lb kid. I wish i could say its all due to that. But i don't. I google and I begin to imagine the worst lung ca, bowel ca, spinal tumor and impending paralysis, breast ca. These are all frightening to me. I google one page and it takes me deeper into diseases.

I also have this strange muscle spasm twitch on my lower back side. I feel it thump thump thumping and i dont know what it is. It comes on maybe 2 or 3 times a.day and it feels like something is vibrating in there or knocking and then it stops. Has anyone ever felt this? I fear its all related

Iam very sorry for posting yet AGAIN. But i need reassurance or a distraction.

Fishmanpa
23-11-13, 12:54
Warning: listing worst case scenarios for upper back pain

I am at it again. I always fear the absolute worst. Ive had upper back/spine pain for about a month now. Its not severe, doesnt keep me up at night. But its there and i know it. And just when i start feeling good and thinking its not there, it rears its head.
i have horrible posture, I catch myself slouching all the time, especially in front of my computer on 12 hr shifts, i lug around a 46lb kid. I wish i could say its all due to that. But i don't. I google and I begin to imagine the worst lung ca, bowel ca, spinal tumor and impending paralysis, breast ca. These are all frightening to me. I google one page and it takes me deeper into diseases.

I also have this strange muscle spasm twitch on my lower back side. I feel it thump thump thumping and i dont know what it is. It comes on maybe 2 or 3 times a.day and it feels like something is vibrating in there or knocking and then it stops. Has anyone ever felt this? I fear its all related

Iam very sorry for posting yet AGAIN. But i need reassurance or a distraction.

Hi Vida,

As I was reading this it sounded very familiar so I looked back and saw you've posted the same thing several times before (your kid has gained 3lbs!). I don't know what we can tell you that we haven't told you before.

Perhaps therapy/counseling, CBT or possibly meds would be in order to assist you with your HA at this point as I feel now as I did before this is muscle and anxiety related.

Positive thoughts

Vida
23-11-13, 20:41
I thought it was ok to post several times through the ugly gripping spiral of an HA attack here, I resort to here because unlike non sufferers, on this site members claim to understand and offer support through the neurosis. I also didn't know every detail had to be exact and if not it would be brought to my attention as if to imply something wrong with my posts.
I posted here last night as stated in the title to stop googling.
I don't expect a diagnosis nor even a reply, it was just a form if release.
But thank you for your reply.

roxy90
23-11-13, 23:48
I have terrible upper back pain, I suggested that I had a soinal tumor and was laughed out the surgery! It's all muscular in my unqualified opinion lol.x