PDA

View Full Version : MRI worries

Rosie2
23-11-13, 11:55
So yesterday I had an MRI scan (which was very awful!) and they gave me a disk with the images on - OFC I checked it as soon as I got back to my place. I can't see any white/black marks (which is meant to be expected from tumors?) but on the scan from above, the right side of my head seems to be larger.. well, the brain tissue seems to go further back into my skull. OFC I am freaking out. It looks exactly the same as the other brain tissue in colour and appearence, but it makes it unsymetrical... should I be worried? I have to wait ages to speak to my neurologist about the results!

Rennie1989
23-11-13, 12:44
I haven't got the foggiest what medical imaging means, apart from the bog standard x-rays. I doubt anybody here could offer you any light. But if you have to wait for a long time to speak to the neurologist about the results then there's clearly nothing to worry about, otherwise you'd be seen sooner.

I'm a little concerned why they gave you the images, do you know why they did?

Tinker28
23-11-13, 12:47
Yes I agree with rennie1989 why would they give u the results on disk? I wouldn't worry it will get you no where at all, and what ever u do don't google either.

Fishmanpa
23-11-13, 13:20
Being that you're not a medical professional so there's no way at all you could interpret the images you see. I agree that it's unusual to give the patient the results as they're usually sent to the doctor...unless it's a copy for your records.

Google won't help you understand at all what you're looking at nor will it do your HA any good so it's best to wait for your doctor to give you the results.

Positive thoughts!

unsure_about_this
23-11-13, 15:24
I agree with the comments on here. I would not dare myself looking at the scans on disk because it will make me worry more, I would probably see different things each time