PDA

View Full Version : just so afraid dont think i can cope

tracieann
23-11-13, 17:26
after being on citalopram for 7 years and 40mg for three years im now trying to wean off very slowly i have the support of my gp who said she will try me on another med ie duloxetine or venaflaxine if im still suffering but i have to get clear of citalopram its a week and a half in and im down 7mg but the side effects scare me so much tonight im going to a social event i have nausea shakes and feel awful i dont know if its the party or the coming off meds im so scared i feel like giving in but the 40s were doing nothing much for me i was having a blip every three months which is no good please can someone help me im desperate :weep:

lizzie29
23-11-13, 21:07
If your doctor has recommended it, stick with it. You could go back on Monday and explain how you're feeling and see what the suggest, but for tonight and tomo stick with it. Remember, feelings are horrible but they're "just" feelings. Keep busy, you can get through it :)

tracieann
24-11-13, 19:48
lizzie29 thank you for your reply it helped i had a nap had some fod and then went to the party only for a while but i did it im so proud of myself im still sticking with the coming off cit but very very slowly thanks again i will keep fighting the fear :)

lizzie29
24-11-13, 20:59
Brill, well done for going! Take it one day at a time and you'll get there.