PDA

View Full Version : Drinking wine.

Cammy
23-11-13, 21:48
Does anyone feel anxious while having a glass of wine? I'm trying to overcome it as I want to enjoy a glass of wine with friends. I feel anxious, raised heart rate and clammy hands etc. any advice please?

mummyanxious
23-11-13, 22:12
Yes I was just contemplating the same as I'd had a glass of liquor and now got pounding heart and a few skips. I don't drink a lot but would like to have the odd glass but it really upsets me when this happens.

Cammy
23-11-13, 23:33
I'm the exact same!!

jared
24-11-13, 01:19
I love a beer or two in the evening. When I first started getting panic attacks a beer would send me spiraling into panic mode. Not fun. After I've gotten used to my prozac I'm able to have one beer in a 24 he period. That's okay with me as its less calories and less expensive. I have one before bed because it knocks me out!

Fishmanpa
24-11-13, 02:15
There have been several threads where the OP has been drinking and the consequences have been panic attacks and other anxiety related symptoms. If you're on meds, it's a no no to drink at all. Alcohol is a depressant and why would you drink it if you were on psychotropics which are for the most part, anti-depressants?

There is no logical reason to partake in alcohol if it causes anxiety issues or physical symptoms that set off HA. The same goes for smoking. So many fear oral or lung cancer yet they still smoke. It's like 1+1=3 if you know what I mean.

Concerning drinking and anxiety, one must use common sense. If in fact, consuming alcohol causes symptoms to escalate, refrain from drinking.

Grape juice looks like wine and you can drink it out of a wine glass right? ;)

Positive thoughts