PDA

View Full Version : Getting off zoloft after 10 years.. Need help transitioning to l-tryptophan

petegms
23-11-13, 23:26
Hello everyone! Hope all is well. A brief history -
I am 26 years old and have been on zoloft since I was 16 for anxiety / depression. I was on benzos from 16 to 23. When I was 23 I went "away" to get off alcohol and got off benzo's as well. I have been sober from alcohol for 2 years now do no take any benzos. I have been on 100mg of zoloft. Over the last 6 months I have decided that I want to get off zoloft and try my luck.

I went down to 50mg 2 months ago. Since then I have been going 1 day free and taking 25.. then going 2 days free and taking 25.

It usually happens around the third day. Heavy anxiety, clouded thoughts, intense irritability. My friend who works at a health food store gave me some l- tryptophan.. which I know you are not suppose to take while on SSRI's. My question.. how long should I be off my zoloft and start taking the l- tryptophan to help with withdrawal symptoms?

I have been getting most of my information from the web,books. I do not have insurance so my professional help is limited at this time.

Anyone have any further advice?

Thanks in advance!