PDA

View Full Version : It's pretty much gone...but my mind doesn't want to let go?

Tamaskan
23-11-13, 23:59
Hey all! Just thought I'd post an update on how I'm doing. I have some pretty good news and for the most part, I've gotten control over my anxiety. I also learned that the thing I was so afraid of happening to me is not even humanly possible O__o so I've been pretty much stressing myself out about something that was never even gonna happen to me in the first place. (I suffer more from health anxiety) I've also learned that my symptoms really are all in my mind and at the same time, learning that anxiety will actually make you feel like you're dying, hopeless, going crazy etc even though you're fine. In case you have no idea what my fear was, I talked about it in my previous post (fear of heart exploding)

However, I still cannot exactly get myself to 100% let it go. I find myself still freaking out even after people have told me my fear isn't possible. My mind still goes back to it even though I have proof my fear is fake and it was created in my mind. My fear came from a nightmare I had when I was younger. I even have plenty of facts to support it that it's not true but can't seem to stop panicking. It's like my mind doesn't want to believe it because I've been so used to thinking of it all these years. I've also pretty much picked up a new fear of dying and the thoughts are really disturbing. The thing is, I KNOW I'm not dying nor do I have any health issues. My brain is being very irrational and it's annoying. What can I do to alleviate these thoughts for good since I know now my fear is irrational? I believe I'll be 100% done with anxiety/worry feelings when I can figure it out.

Hopeandlove
24-11-13, 00:38
hi do you take any meds? there is a great center for anxiety in boston massachusetts

nomorepanic
24-11-13, 00:40
hi do you take any meds? there is a great center for anxiety in boston massachusetts

Why do you keep promoting meds?

jared
24-11-13, 01:17
I was actually going to suggest a Xanax or lorazepam. That's usually my first step when I feel panic coming on. After I've prepared that "safety net" for in case it gets worse or unmanageable, I start to rationalize or come on here to calm myself down. I almost am never on this forum unless I'm going through panic myself, and reading others' posts are reassuring. That's just what I do. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Tamaskan
24-11-13, 21:52
I really don't want to take meds. I did in the past and although they did get rid of the symptoms, I felt very dull. I wasn't really myself.

jared
24-11-13, 22:04
I was that way. You have to find what's right for you. It's a trial and error thing. It's your choice if you don't want to take medication but it does help if you find the right ones. Again, don't give up, and hang in there.

Tamaskan
28-11-13, 05:17
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm feeling a lot better though the thoughts are still better, they definitely don't bother me as much