PDA

View Full Version : CBT.............

kittykat
08-11-06, 18:34
Hi all,
Just had my 3rd session of CBT today. Eventually got up the courage to tell my counsellor that my anxiety stems from my health worries. Started to get really emotional and started crying buckets didn't realise i was that stressed out. :(
As you all know i'm worrying about the mouth cancer thing, so we discussed it and i could relate to what she was saying, if only my brain could. Everything i'm doing its as if theres a little voice always there in the backgroung niggling away at me. [Sigh...]
So i've to retrain my thoughts and i've got lots of homework to write down my troublesome thoughts (God i'll be there all days) and we are going to try and start to challenge these thoughts at my next session.
I just hope that this CBT starts to work as i can't seem to focus at all just now its so bad even thought about asking my doc for some temp medication to help me over this period ( not really eating much at the moment either). Anyway thanks for listening again to my moans and groans guys much appreciated............. [^]

nomorepanic
08-11-06, 18:49
Kittykat

Glad the CBT is helping. Stick at and do the "homework" and you will get there in time.

Good luck with it.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

ajk
08-11-06, 22:13
Hi Kittykat - I have just spent the last three weeks in a state of high anxiety thinking I had throat cancer. I had a white spot at the back of my throat on my right tonsil, ear pain and neck pain - I googled the symptoms and guess what I diagnosed myself with throat cancer. What I actually have is a retensive cyst which my ENT consultant says he sees everyday. He told me to go home, stop worrying, it will go away.

That was yesterday and now that I have calmed down, my other symptoms seem to have calmed down too! It is quite amazing what anxiety can do - I wish there was some way I could reverse it and devote the time and energy being anxious takes into doing something more positive for myself.

I am sure you have nothing to worry about Kittykat - Peace and Love Alison

LickeyEndBlues
09-11-06, 02:07
Thanks for posting this kittykat. It will be interesting to hear how you get on and what is happening.

Perhaps you continuing to post on this thread will count towards your homework!!

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

bearcrazy
09-11-06, 19:21
Hiya Kittykat,

I have recently started CBT and have had about 8 sessions, the last 3 with a different psychologist. I always get really upset at my appointments, but it is working. I havent felt this well for a long long time and have recently returned to full time work. I have seen that anxiety is sooooo destructive and has ruined my life so far. I am learning to 'do' things rather than 'worry' about them. I am getting so much more done and am beginning to feel in control. Stick with it! It will help and the homework is really important. The psychologist sews the seed of an idea and then you have a chance to reflect on what has been discussed, and start to put things into practise.

Hope everything goes well for you
TC XX

'Be the change you want o see in the world'. GHANDI